Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do vans have the seat mounting points?

5 posters

Go down

Do vans have the seat mounting points? Empty Do vans have the seat mounting points?

Post by freshandminty Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi folks

As per my intro thread I'm currently researching different types of vans.

I'm currently looking into the 7 seater minibuses but I'm likely to be using the two front rows and removing the back bench to use for camping luggage / bikes / etc.

I was just wondering if the mounting points for the middle seats are in normal van floors - that way I can include vans in my search and fit a seat and door windows to it.

Cheers
Phil

freshandminty

http://www.freshandminty.com

Back to top Go down

Do vans have the seat mounting points? Empty Re: Do vans have the seat mounting points?

Post by d1noh Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:26 pm

No, some vans don't have mountings for seats or seat belts
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Do vans have the seat mounting points? Empty Re: Do vans have the seat mounting points?

Post by freshandminty Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:45 pm

So some do then?

I'm talking the Daihatsu hijet / piaggio porter models.

freshandminty

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:29 am

freshandminty wrote:

I'm talking the Daihatsu hijet / piaggio porter models.
You'll find most of us are..... Wink

I have an aftermarket rear seat in mine, worth considering for a van, 4 bolts, no need for seatbelt mounts as they're built in to the seat Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by freshandminty Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:39 am

Are the holes / threads already there for the 4 bolts or do you have to strengthen the floor with plate / mark up / drill etc?

Cheers

freshandminty

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:02 am

Riv nuts are the answer.

No threaded holes for the seat belts either.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:54 am

Logi wrote:I have an aftermarket rear seat in mine, worth considering for a van, 4 bolts, no need for seatbelt mounts as they're built in to the seat Smile
What kind of rear seat did you fit in, Logi? Where did you find it? And would you recommend it? We're thinking about 'expanding' our family from two to three persons and I'm looking into my options (buying another car or upgrading my panel van).

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:36 pm

tornas wrote:
Logi wrote:I have an aftermarket rear seat in mine, worth considering for a van, 4 bolts, no need for seatbelt mounts as they're built in to the seat Smile
What kind of rear seat did you fit in, Logi? Where did you find it? And would you recommend it? We're thinking about 'expanding' our family from two to three persons and I'm looking into my options (buying another car or upgrading my panel van).

Dunno what it's for. Bought it for a tenner at a classic bike show of all things, mine's simply bolted to the floor using self tapping bolts, wouldn't use it for my family but it does for mates Wink
I remove it for mots as well Smile
TBH, it's rarely used, think maybe three people have sat in it
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:02 pm

Logi wrote:

wouldn't use it for my family but it does for mates Wink

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:04 pm

LOL I don't think the mrs would approve of this option.

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down