Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got my first hi-jet Romahome

4 posters

Go down

Got my first hi-jet Romahome  Empty Got my first hi-jet Romahome

Post by brownster Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:00 pm

Just purchased my first camper today. any advice on drive away awnings?? its the romahome type. cant wait to get away

brownster

Back to top Go down

Got my first hi-jet Romahome  Empty Re: Got my first hi-jet Romahome

Post by rich the mechanic Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Hi and welcome first, next is be prepared to hand your wallet over I have been looking for a cheap awning (not drive away) to add on the front of my wife's market stall and have been struggling to find one small enough and its only just taller than a standard Hijet and a few inchs shorter.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:40 pm

Yes, drive away and find an hotel! Sorry I don't do camping but a Hijet has to be the most compact sensible vehicle to choose if you must.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:23 am

Crikiee Jamie !!! That was quick. You didn't waste any time then. Well done. Where did you find it ??? Details ??

As I MAY have mentioned to you I have got quite a few Romahome bits as I bought up a load of their old Honda and Hijet and C15 stock when they stopped production of the Free Spirit
( the last of the Hi-Jets ).

I have got lots of the niggly bits like door catches,locks and handles, complete back doors even but the one thing everyone wants are side windows. They are like Hi-Jet Headlights to find.

Back to top Go down

Post by brownster Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:07 pm

I took your advice regarding height woody and went for the romahome . Pick Norris(the vans name apparently) onWednesday. Do you know if it's possible to fit rear seatbelts??? I know I'd have to modify the back, which isn't a problem, however, I'm not sure about anchor points for the belts.

brownster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Er !!! It just so happens that I have four sets of NEW ( well they were when made ) rear Free Spirit seat belt mountings  would you believe ????  Laughing  Cool .

I think you have got my details but just in case : 0786 303030 9 - hi.jetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppi Sun May 04, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi Brownster I too have just bought a hi jet romahome this week Smile She needs some work to get mot but will soon be up and running and then i can snazz up her interior as thats my business Poppi's Upholstery. I could also do with a new back window in door if anyone has one for sale?
Poppi
Poppi
Chatterbox

http://www.poppisupholstery.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Looks like you have got an ex Honda Acty Mk I or ll body. Has it got rounded bottom corners on the lower door or square ones ? Each double glazed plastic window was hand cut then the hole cut to match the window.

I had been told this but I found that out for myself 6 months ago on a C15 Romahome here in Niton. Took the lower rear door window out and went to put one that I had and it was too small by millimeters and was too
easily pushed in or out. The only way is fit another upper or lower door. If you look on the top left hinge there is a a year and month stamp : eg 07/84. My guest yours is around that time.

The windows are only made by one firm up in Halifax and you have to send the old window for an exact pattern.  The large non opening side windows are
around £300 each. I have a few upper or lower doors if you get stuck. Also cupboard door catches, rear door locks, handles etc. Fridges cooker hobs new water pumps Zig Meter and battery chargers,loads of odds and ends.
My number is 0876 303030 9 and email is hi.jetmaniow@gmail.com
Regards Woody.

It

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppi Sun May 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi Woody thanks for all the information as all this is new to me I will go and check out the door and hinge date later and let you know. I also will be needing a fridge but they seem to fetch silly prices on ebay at the moment. Don't even have a clue what a Zig meter is lol
Poppi
Poppi
Poppi
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppi Sun May 04, 2014 3:54 pm

Square lower door edges,can't find a date on any hinges only karrite 450 on back in stickers.
Poppi
Poppi
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Date stamped into the alloy frame by the top hinge. Its not important -- I was just curious. The last fridge I sold was like new -- 3 way -- Calor gas, 12volt and 240volt£125. I've got two fridges will look and see what they are like condition wise.
One is very good inside. I should have a complete lower door too.
My email is hi.jetmaniow@gmail.com and mobile is 0786 303030 9
Text me your email address and I can send some pictures of the fridge, the door, and other useful bits too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppi Sun May 04, 2014 10:03 pm

Does anyone know what awnings would fit on back of hi jet romahome plz?
And also I could do with a table the rail is in place and i have a table shaped board with no leg or v rail to clip onto the wall rail. Even info on what type of fitting to ask for would be a help please Smile

Last edited by Poppi on Mon May 05, 2014 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More silly questions)
Poppi
Poppi
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down