Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jiffy romahome

2 posters

Go down

jiffy romahome Empty jiffy romahome

Post by Guest Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:29 pm

somebody posted this on facebook
i have never seen one before.
seeing its a romahome maybe woodie knows these vehicles?

jiffy romahome 20017410

jiffy romahome 20017710

the guy has a instagram account for it to
look here for more pictures
https://www.instagram.com/doingitinajiffy/

Back to top Go down

jiffy romahome Empty Re: jiffy romahome

Post by Guest Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:26 pm

Home made abomination more like. Never seen anyone cut up a Romahome body like that before. Just goes to show how resourceful people in deprived (or is it depraved in this case?) areas can do.
Must have been a lot of hard work doing that work around the cab. I just hope that he has used Polyurethane and not silly-cone to seal it all up with.
Any idea what country the Jiffy is from Scotia? Never seen the like of one before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:10 am

its as british as can be woodie... built with mini parts and in the uk.

(i copied this from the owner)
It is a combination of a jiffy flatbed truck (about 70 were made in the uk by indespension in 1982) and one of the first romahome demountable bodies (take from a Honda truck). The truck originally came in kit form to build with mini equipment and this is one of a few to run a 1275gt engine.

It has been altered to run on 12 inch hillman wheels, the cab colour is as close to the original truck colour as can be found with modern paints. The entire body of the vehicle including the cab is made from fibreglass. This one is unique in the fact that it has been lengthened by approximately 8 inches to carry the body and has also been professionally altered so that the cab and romahome body are fully connected (two other jiffy campers that I know of are just a camping pod mounted on the flatbed trailer).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:11 pm

Sorry that should have read "what county", not what country. SwiftKey Predictive Wording and me not checking for spelling mistakes are to blame for that.

I can't imagine "Indespension" getting involved in making a ropey old kit like that. Should have stuck to what they did best. Rubber Suspension Units.

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:20 pm

The 'Jiffy register' confirms that they did! I'll come back with a witty comment...in a jiffy!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Long as you don't end up looking like a "Lemon" Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:36 pm

kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion