Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romahome wanted

4 posters

Go down

Romahome wanted Empty Romahome wanted

Post by Barry 6448 Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Hello if anyone has or knows of a romahome body. I'm looking for to go on my 1997 pick up. Anything considered.
Thanks in advance.

Barry 6448
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Romahome wanted Empty Re: Romahome wanted

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:37 pm

Romahome wanted Img-2044
Romahome wanted Img-2045
Romahome wanted Dsc_0210
Romahome wanted >2046
Romahome wanted 01062010
Romahome wanted 02062010

Like one of these??

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry 6448 Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:31 am

Any one of those would do nicely woddie!

Barry 6448
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry 6448 Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:43 pm

Woodie I can't reply to your message for some reason!

Barry 6448
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:44 pm

You have my email address in the PM I sent you Barry. Email me your mobile number and I will put you in my Contacts list then you can talk to me. I have got Call Blocker in place on all of my numbers to stop these ruddy 0800 and other public nuisance numbers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Woodie. Looks like you are walking encyclopaedia when it comes to Romahomes. Looking to enter the fray. Am useless at these message groups so sorry if the answers are already on the site... I presume I would be daft to go for 850 if I could afford 1300 . Pods. Yes demountable but is this a practical reality for popping on and off a couple of times each year? Heard that the front jack points can go soft. Will be off my island and close to yours in the last week of March. If you still have yours for sale could we pop across to have a look and see if our tandem would fit (major decision making criteria!). Will bring cake. Kindest A

Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:27 pm

Can answer the 850 or 1300 question...don’t even considered the 850 when there are 1300,s about! I would think a tandem would fit in but Woodie would be able to confirm without me looking up specs and then goining into the cold garage to measure my tandem. Heading Woodies way in July myself. The pods are demountable and Woody can tell you how easy/hard/quick/slow a process that is. Introduce yourself (even if you are only looking as yet) and fill in your location details on your profile. Welcome to the mad house!
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:04 pm

Thank you, that is decision made on the 850 romahome at Ringwood! Glad there is another tandem owner that recognises the value of a rear door on a camper. Yes will have a play with the profile stuff. Currently located as far south and west as you can get - Isles of Scilly. But don't worry will not be subjecting a poor vehicle to industrial quantities of salt. With only 9 miles of roads we need a escape pod back on the mainland that overcomes the somewhat challenging tandem plus spaniel plus public transport interface... we do like to make life as difficult as possible for ourselves...

Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:28 am

Hello Eric. Small place you live. An old friend of mine just down the road from my old Garage used to come over to the Scilly Isles quite a bit. He had something to do with the Council or a business association, can't remember exactly what it was he did over there. He was a Guitarist and had played for an early 60's Band Bill Davidson. I haven't seen him for for some while ashe sold the Riding Stables he had no Wroxall and we lost touch.

As Raggy has said forget the 850. Absolutely no chance of finding any spares for it. Go for a post 2001/2 1300. Forget about a 993cc too. Ideally look for a Dual Fuel model too. LPG/Petrol. Look for one with a Mk5 Body with the pointed opening windows. See the top 3 pictures of this thread. That is a Mk5.
Any more questions - ask away, but I am off out shortly until 2ish so make it after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:36 am

Ok will pick your brains after 2. Saw from a thread that you might have one coming up? Will also see if we can't work out your Scilly connection - after all it is a small place!

Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:59 pm

Woodie. Think I managed to fire off a private message to your in box.

Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi Eric. I have just got back from my old garage picking up more spare parts. I will be in touch tomorrow. I have got 3 Hospital appointments tomorrow  so it will most likely be in the evening.

My Email address is  thehijetmaniow@gmail.com  
Please use that for contact in the future rather than Private Message.
I was in a rush to get out this morning and forgot to include / check that you had my email address.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:59 am

Woodie. Hi. Bit of a on the road technology fail. Email refusing to work whilst away from home router. Anyway have made it as far as Southsea and was wondering if you were about tomorrow (Saturday)? As one half of the tandem has done her back in (lifting spaniel onto back of tandem) it will be hovercraft, train and whatever you recommend to cover the final leg? Anyway no point in phoning you but we are on 02392368958, so if you are about tomorrow do please give me a shout. Kindest. Eric

Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi Eric. Grotty weather you have bought with you from the Scilly Isles. Very sorry but it has not been a good week. I got a phone call from the Hospital in Mountain Ash in near Aberdare in Wales at 3-40am to say that my mum had died 10 minutes earlier.

I was OK Monday and Tuesday but Wednesday a bit subdued but yesterday I had 3 calls from the Hospital, 3 from the Undertakers up in Haslemere in Surrey where mum has got to be brought back from Wales  to for the Family to be able to have the service and Cremation, one from my distraught sister and another 3 from my brother in law.

With that I just broke down completely and wept like a baby. Reached tipping point.

So I am sorry but I am sure you will forgive me for saying no to you at this time. As the oldest surviving member of the family everyone is looking to me to sort out all of the details. Thankfully my brother in law is an absolute Diamond.

Unfortunately my oldest sister who is a millionairess and owns Squires Kitchen which is a range of Cake decorating products that you can find in shops all over Britain and also owns three  Magazines  "Sugarcraft" and "Wedding Cakes" and "Wedding Dresses" and her daughter who lives in the States with her Oil Billionaire husband and my other niece have all suffered from Tick Bites and have contracted Lymes Disease. With the Tick bite I had I had ScepcisCellulitis and all but lost my lower leg to the ScepcisCellulitis. So they are not up to much at all. All that money and it still didn't help.

Hopefully you can get over later this year and we can possibly meet up in better times.
All the best Woody.

Last edited by Woodie on Thu May 10, 2018 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:56 pm

Dear Lord! Will give you a shout when next in the neighbourhood. Of course if you are passing Scilly!

Eric

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffy54 Wed May 09, 2018 11:33 pm

Can anyone help me out. Just joined and can’t work out how to say hi Iv arrived at the right place. Just purchased my first 1999 Romahome. It’s in a bit of a pickle , but I’m up for sorting with your help..
can’t find how to leave my intro . Thanks.

Buffy54
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffy54 Wed May 09, 2018 11:37 pm

Sorry to post under your difficult times. Hope you are well soon.

Buffy54
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 10, 2018 7:43 am

Hello Buffy. Don't worry about where you have posted - you have had a go which is fine.
If you go to Welcome to the Jungle you can introduce yourself there with a little more about yourself and more details about your Hi-Jet. Being a 1999 one assumes that it is a 1300.

Picture Posting is a definitive Artform on here. If you are of the younger generation then it will come as second nature to you. But for the Older Generation, not quite so easy. It only took me around 2 years to get the mastery of it - and then only when I stopped using my Laptop and switched to a good quality Tablet was I able to get to grips with it. I still have to put in odd "mistake" now and again to give the "Mickey Takers" (like me) something to laugh about. lol!

I would imagine that you have a Romahome with oblong none opening windows or if you are lucky oblong opening windows. But if you have the Mk5 version with the re-vamped body and opening pointed windows then you may have a genuine factory produced Romahome. If so you are among the few and very fortunate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffy54 Thu May 17, 2018 11:41 pm

Hehe, who said I could not master the pics. Might be getting on but always have a go, it’s old school, think it’s in the veins to try from my / our era. Thanks. Also just to let you know I have just lost my lenthly report on my hi jet with opening windows, will post again tomorrow as rather late. Thanks for all your helpful advise .

Buffy54
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2018 7:41 am

That's this ruddy site for you!! Why the heck haven't we got Auto Save on here. It is so important to have it. I have lost loads of articles I have done. One loss of concentration and - - - there it was GONE!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffy54 Fri May 18, 2018 11:49 am

Not sure if you find my second attempt. For some reason it’s only loading part of my post. It chopped off the last bit so I will say again a very big thank you for helping me. Off to ask the con artists to show me the big hole in my radiator.

Buffy54
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down