Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting back on my feet again.

5 posters

Go down

Getting back on my feet again.  Empty Getting back on my feet again.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:29 am

Its been over seven weeks now since I ruptured my thigh muscle and this week I am finally on the mend ( apart from getting Shingles last week).
So with the lovely sunny weather I have found some motivaton at last.

I put a set of 165/60/13 tyres on a set of 5.5"x13 Enzo Five Spoke Alloys I picked up recently and put them on Wednesday and not only do they look good it handles really well too. Well pleased with the results.

This morning ( Friday ) coming to work the blowing tailpipe finally fell off.
So I set to to make up a big-bore exhaust system from odd bits of pipe and silencers I had and ones I had rescued from my neighbors pile of exhausts.

I had a really nice Honda Stainless Silencer which was exactly the same length as the vans one. So I chopped both ends off and found a flange on another the same size as the one on the cat but much bigger diameter pipe
which was a tight fit in the Honda silencer. I then
drilled a hole for the second Lamda and cut the threaded mounting off the Daihatsu silencer and
fitted it snugly between the flange and the Silencer. Looked really good so got the mig out and got the silencer all set up in the vice to weld up and pulled the trigger and ran out of wire !!!

So here I am with no exhaust so I went exploring the six vans I have for breaking and low and behold a complete shiny Stainless Steel exhaust system so I set to and put it on and it sounds GORGEOUS.!!!

Can't believe I have done all that work and I had that sitting round the back
of the yard.Still going to carry on and finish the other one though and see what it sounds like.
Got to get some welding wire first thing in the morning and then crack on with it.

Back to top Go down

Getting back on my feet again.  Empty Re: Getting back on my feet again.

Post by Logi Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:25 am

Well we want to hear it but I'm not holding out much hope that you'll manage to upload a video......... Razz
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:49 am

Well I have been taking step by step pictures --from the Spaghetti Junction of old exhausts to hopefully today the finished exhaust and pictures of my Beast with the wheels which means I will have to WASH it I suppose.

But video now you are talking daft Logi.!!
I dread the thought of that stupid upload system again but I will have a go.

Just off to Newport to get a roll of 0.6 welding wire and a couple of Hard Foam Polishing Mops so I can finish off mopping the LPG van I bought 3 weeks ago, getting it ready to sell.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:46 am

alien Very Happy 
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:52 am

Hmmm yes you can giggle to yourself LP. Very Happy Embarassed 

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:30 am

i was looking for a "yay" smiley.. as in Yay your back up on ya feet.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:34 am

Thank you for that LP. Certainly feeling much better this week. Pain in my leg has finally gone and walking and up and down the Workshop stairs so much easier.

Still got the pain of posting piccies to overcome yet
though.
Also my Murex Autolynx Welder that has given me 19 years( thought it was 25 originally but have found date label inside) of 100% reliability refused to work this morning. I have stripped it down and cleaned everything in sight and got it working again. What a relief !!! So  exhaust construction next job.

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:00 pm

Glad to hear you sounding so positive and that you're nearing recovery. I know this will be ignored, but don't try and do to much too soon or you may take a step backwards (ok, unfortunate turn of phrase in the circs!)

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:22 pm

Thanks Peter. Surprisingly enough I have been very restrained in my recovery.
My workmate and friend of 43 years is desperate to get me back roofing with him but I am having none of it. If I go back at all it will be on my terms now or not at all.
I will get building repairs to the roof and general maintainance needed sorted out in this nice weather. Then I will have a big push and buy a good few more breakers and runners and try and make a good go of Hi-Jets rather than Hi- Roofing. Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:47 pm

Glad to hear you are on the mend Woody, now hop to it and get the bits that folks want.
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by singledad Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:06 pm

good to hear your feeling beter and got a positive outlook,ive spent weekend treating and painting that petrol tank i got from you last year(pics later) and today going to start changing it over, the bodge job repair on the old one still holding out but its time and weather to get on with it

singledad
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:15 pm

I got up at 4-45am Ron and picked my mate up and caught the 6am Ferry. Got to Dover at 10-30 and left at 11-10 and got down to Pompey as I said at13-45. We are on the ferry now.
Hope tank change goes well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down