Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help ! cd player fitment

3 posters

Go down

Help ! cd player fitment Empty Help ! cd player fitment

Post by Eames Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:08 am

Hi

I am Eames , new here , cool site . Anyway , what are my options on fitting my cd player into my hi jet , its not gonna fit in that little slot ! is there a ubit you can buy or a neat modification that i need telling about ?! cheers .

Eames

Back to top Go down

Help ! cd player fitment Empty Re: Help ! cd player fitment

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:30 pm

I've had a Tape sterio and a 6x CD changer in the glove box in mine.

Problem is, the stock place for the head unit is at a gay angle, and most CD players will jump like hell, especially as the hijet has probally the smoothest ride in the whole motoring community. hmmm!

I would recomend a CD changer because most have adjusters on the sides to alter the fixing angle. This tentions the "bounce" spring system inside the changer to help it work at the odd angle of fitment.

The other better option is to step away from the 1990's and embrace the power of digital music with a sterio that has USB and SD Card slots, that way it will never jump, you'll never scratch your CDs in the glove box and you'll probally spend less on a £69.99 halford new headunit than messing with old changers.

If your not sold on the future, I have just taken my headunit and CD changer out of my hijet... they are a bit scruffy but work fine. I'm not posting them anywhere but knock on my door with £20 and they are yours.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:20 pm

I have the MPV type van that comes with the slot over the trans tunnel and I have a cd/mp3 player and it works fine doesn't even skip on standard cd mode.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down