Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommendations for good mechanic: Norwich/East Anglia

5 posters

Go down

Recommendations for good mechanic: Norwich/East Anglia Empty Recommendations for good mechanic: Norwich/East Anglia

Post by g149 Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:23 pm

I and my pocket are tired of going to mechanics that aren’t familiar with Hijets and then roll out a familiar list of sensors and parts (even including an ECU) that don’t rectify the problem.   (A previous very lengthy and costly fault ended up simply being a broken spring in the throttle body!).  So is there someone out there, preferably in Norwich/East Anglia who instinctively knows the sounds, smells and quirks of a Hijet?  Recommendations please as I’ve again shelled out good money with fault unsolved. Present fault is low MPG (coolant sensor I think okay). Thanks.

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for good mechanic: Norwich/East Anglia Empty Re: Recommendations for good mechanic: Norwich/East Anglia

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Test some sensors dude, if they are ok make sure the cam belt is on right which you can usually tell from how the cam sensor is adjusted. Finding good mechanics is close to impossible in a garage as making money and doing a really good job are pretty much incompatible.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for good mechanic: Norwich/East Anglia Empty Re: Recommendations for good mechanic: Norwich/East Anglia

Post by 8bit-ash Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:03 pm

what is the mpg out of interest?
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by g149 Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:29 am

I usually have a camper (Romahome) mounted on my pickup (with bad wind resistance) with the standard MPG of about 28 MPG, but a few months ago it suddenly dropped to 22MPG. I have since demounted the camper so just driving the pick up, but still only 24 MPG!

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:41 am

They are stated in one of my brochures as the 993cc "Fuel consumption (laden): 8.3114/100km (33.9mpg)." and unladen I would expect closer to 40mpg or beyond.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:50 am

I get 24 mpg outta my Jag!
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:01 am

if you find one in the EA region.... let me know...
Usually my mate & i do the work to the hijet with info/support from here.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down