Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

steam clean seats?

2 posters

Go down

steam clean seats? Empty steam clean seats?

Post by leopard_pagan Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:11 pm

has anyone done it?
i put a 1ltr water bottle on the front passenger seat today, the top wasnt on properly and it leaked for over an hour! seat is soaked. i had paperwork (premises licence!)on the seat that has odd brown stains on em!... which tells me the seat needs cleaning!

after the bike show i aim to do a few jobs... this ones just been added to the list!

was thinking of renting a carpet steam/shampoo cleaner thing.....dont fancy getting the seats out the van
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

steam clean seats? Empty Seat shampoo

Post by Carpetcleanvan Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 am

This is pretty easy too get a better result other than just a dirty seat, you will need a wet/vac though too suck out dirt, shampoo and moisture.
This isnt steam cleaning but it will work very well at home.
I think you could have trouble with rental kit, plus pay for it,as came across this on a household basis on most saturdays.But seats are much smaller.
Just for info,steam cleaning is relying on the heat and chemical too work with no mechanical action or elbow grease.
Bit of sweat,a srubbing brush and large scotch brite sponge and wet vac will work just as well with hot water and a glove.
Any detergent for hot water will work,some much better than others of course on hijet fabric seats.
If the rental kit looks new,not shabby and works properly ie heats water super hot and sucks strong,alls good though, as seats are a small area.
But a wet/vac from numatic and simple hot water/shampoo/detergent work, will do it very well too.

If it did,nt matter, you could just wet scrub two seats and let them dry slowly in summer over two days in a pinch.Just don,t soak them,use the damp foamy bubbly stuff on a big sponge,them scrub with suitable brush.Rub dry with towels.Tough areas go harder with shampoo and brush.
Hope you havent fallen asleep with excitement,good luck.

Carpetcleanvan
Clubman

Back to top Go down

steam clean seats? Empty Re: steam clean seats?

Post by leopard_pagan Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:35 pm

wet vac would be better.. but i dont have one. carpet cleaners are easy to rent.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

steam clean seats? Empty Re: steam clean seats?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down