Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a work in progress

+2
Logi
elfin girl
6 posters

Go down

a work in progress Empty a work in progress

Post by elfin girl Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:06 am

i switched the laptop on so thought id post the couple of pics ive taken so far of van interior

a work in progress <a href=a work in progress Img_0910" />

a work in progress <a href=a work in progress Img_0911" />

ill take some of the boxing maybe tomorow
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

a work in progress Empty Re: a work in progress

Post by Logi Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:42 pm

daisydon wrote:

ill take some of the boxing maybe tomorow
a work in progress 6888029-wba-interim-welterweight-belt-holder-yuriy-nuzhnenko-of-ukraine-r-and-irving-garcia-of-puerto-rico-w

Laughing
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:05 pm

just a thought, start spraying some wd40 on your tank bolts
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:39 pm

well, never saw these posts, thanks logi, that saved me having to post a pic!

got my two spare tanks now, thanks dean, been to the garage, they say they will use the empty one, didnt seem too keen messing about with the one that had gas in, but dont blame them really, waiting for them to ring and tell me how much they want to charge me :-/

it does mean if the price is reasonable im going to have a stuggle on my hands getting the flooring out of the van, 4 1/2 years it took me to get round to putting a seat/bed in...and 3 weeks after ive got to try and get it out! its glued to the floor so its not going to be fun!

ill let you know if they want a kidney for doing the work, if they dont ill get it done and sort you some money :-)

elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:30 pm

If they wont bend the bands out of the way and want to change the holder too then it may be possible to hole saw the wood to get to the other side of the bolts, 2 should be seen next to the battery holder the other 2 will take some working out, the one the tank came off was countersunk allen key sets so if you get it 100% right a 6mm hole will get to it, if you get it wrong then it will look like a piece of cheese Laughing 
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:32 pm

haha,
the brackets on mine look pretty rusted so if i take it in like that and they are no good its more work and dont want to pay them to do it

we had a look at the garage and the wood flooring is in two bits screwed together in the middle, if i can get the screws out the left side should come out easy then the right side with box on should slide across, i figured i could put some more insulation underneath while its out and clean out what is probabably going to be a discusting amount of dog hair underneath, its already got polystyrene was going to add some of that thin metalic plastic stuff, just wish id sorted this before making the bed bit

anyone know if theres anything else that would be bolted on through the floor while im there?
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:51 am

well, they want £319.81 for the cost of valves and labour, im not willing to pay that, really cant see the valves being hundreds of pounds and seriously how much labour is involved?!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:19 pm

the more I think about this the more annoyed i am,
seriously thinking of trying to do something with it myself now, i fucccing hate garages they didnt even give the the full quote, he forgot to add the price of servicing it, changing the filters, according to him the valves cost £115, hmmm, told them no thanks, im not paying that id rather try and do it myself.
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:45 pm

Can't remember which engine you have Daisy, but there are 1.3 valves on ebay at £7.25 ea (inlet) and £8.68 (exhaust). Couldn't see any for a 998 but HJ or Woody might be able to help. If you're OK with taking the head off (and I think you did that before?) you should be able to fit and lap them in yourself.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:53 pm

What valves are you on about Daisy?!!!!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:57 pm

the stuff that goes in the holes on the lpg tank!! havnt done any reasearch yet so dont know exactly what they all are, seems to be one with a guage, one for filling tank, one exiting tank nd another something!!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Can you use the ones from your old tank?
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:38 pm

And don't be scared. Anyone with some decent engineering experience could change the tank over. Just because its Lpg don't be scared
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:59 pm

quite possibly hj, i have a spare empty tank and a spare full tank with all the valves, one of the valves is designed to break off so may only need to change that, now the weather is getting colder not sure ill be able to get it done this year, just got diagnosed with ostearthritis and carpeltunnel in both wrists to so would explain why i struggle some times!! and the fact that ive always used my hands and do a lot of my own fixing would explain why i have it!! never mind, thats what painkillers are for eh?!  gonna dig out my wd40 and start with spraying all the bolts even if i just do a little bit at a time its better than nothing and taking the old tank off should give me some idea of what ive got to do it is a little unerving ont want to blow myself up, but there will be no gas involved till its fitted and i suppose the worse that can hapen is it leaks from somewhere, which is where i am now!
and of corse i have the leaking tank with valves n stuff thats still on the van

Last edited by daisydon on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a bit!)
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie0303 Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Something that I discovered on this project is that most nuts and bolts on the Hijets are that corroded they need heat to get them released , I tried penetrating oil and WD40 on most of the nuts and bolts and could still not release them . A bit of heat with a blow torch works wonders and I have greased all nuts and bolts up prior in installing . Progress has come to a halt at the moment , as work and family commitments have held me back , and the weather is now against me which is annoying as most of the major work is done , so this will be 3 weeks since I planned to have the MOT and no sign of relenting work or weather .

Eddie
eddie0303
eddie0303
Centurion

http://www.emhall-handyman.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:21 pm

HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:12 pm

ooo, hj that looks promising, found some on amazon bit cheeper would you say the aerosol or tin is best?
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Dunno, I use a tin, as it's all I've got.

Have to say since using plus gas, I tend to lose less time to seized bolts, and I tend to get pissed off less with things that break.

I tend to use it with a combination of heat, and a wire brush.

I will wire brush off the area, plus gas it, heat it up, plus gas it, then undo it.

I realise with an LPG tank I wouldn't recommend pointing a blow torch at it, but If something wouldn't move I would be tempted to use an electric heat gun as 60 degrees is better than ambient temp.

Maybe a last resort though!!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:41 pm

in the mean time heres what ive done so far for the seat/bed
a work in progress Img_1010
a work in progress Img_1011
a work in progress Img_1012
a work in progress Img_1013
a work in progress Img_1014
still some adjustments to be made and hinges to put on but its useable as is, glad i didnt fix it to the side of the van seeing as im going to have to try to move it to get to the tank bolts
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down