Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't remove crankshaft pulley on '99 hijet

3 posters

Go down

Can't remove crankshaft pulley on '99 hijet Empty Can't remove crankshaft pulley on '99 hijet

Post by stevelav Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:49 pm

i, I'm trying to get in to replace my timing belt (I think its about time being 14 years old) but I can't get the crankshaft pulley off to get the timing belt cover off.

I got the 4 small bolts off OK but the big one in the middle is stuck fast. I have the engine in 5th gear to hold it still and I'm using a 30 cm ratchet handle and pulling as hard as I can but it will not budge one bit (except to try and roll backwards)

Any tips?
stevelav
stevelav
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Can't remove crankshaft pulley on '99 hijet Empty Re: Can't remove crankshaft pulley on '99 hijet

Post by xxemaphorr Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:03 pm

manual shows this:

Can't remove crankshaft pulley on '99 hijet Hijet_11

So its that easy! Just remove it!

I used a windy gun on mine but make sure you use impact sockets
xxemaphorr
xxemaphorr
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Can't remove crankshaft pulley on '99 hijet Empty Re: Can't remove crankshaft pulley on '99 hijet

Post by stevelav Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:07 pm

That's what I've been following.

In the second picture I get the 4 small bolts off no probs but the big one in the middle is stuck fast so I can't get the pulley off.
stevelav
stevelav
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by stevelav Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:10 pm

Unless I'm being v stupid and the pulley comes off without removing the big nut!

Though my pulley still seems firmly attached.
stevelav
stevelav
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by xxemaphorr Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:16 pm

No I think you might be right on that. Not sure what I was thinkin of there. Maybe a puller to seperate? Or some gentle persuasion with a copper mallet?
xxemaphorr
xxemaphorr
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by stevelav Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:32 pm

well stuck

- Can't remove crankshaft pulley on '99 hijet <a href=Can't remove crankshaft pulley on '99 hijet Img_2011" />
stevelav
stevelav
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:32 pm

You don't remove the big one in the middle!!!!

Just remove the 4 10mm's and then the V belt pulley comes off.

Then remove all your timing belt plastics, undo the tensioner and hey presto the belt is off.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by xxemaphorr Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:38 pm

yeah just give it a tap around the outside if you don't have a puller to push on the centre bolt and pull the pulley off. If you damage it I;m sure HJ will have a spare available!
xxemaphorr
xxemaphorr
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by stevelav Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Does it really come off like that!

I'll try again in a bit.

I did wonder but then in my picture it looked like the big nut holds it on.

Thank you v much

stevelav
stevelav
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down