Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micro Van Owners Weekend Bash Sept 7/8th

+2
leopard_pagan
rich the mechanic
6 posters

Go down

Micro Van Owners Weekend Bash Sept 7/8th Empty Micro Van Owners Weekend Bash Sept 7/8th

Post by leopard_pagan Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Date: September 7-8th
Price: TBC as most places do charge a camping fee..
Why: coz we want to?
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/473459169402158/
As we set the date & get the finer things in place.. this post will get edited.
So do keep an eye on it for updates.

Last edited by leopard_pagan on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Micro Van Owners Weekend Bash Sept 7/8th Empty Re: Micro Van Owners Weekend Bash Sept 7/8th

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:00 pm

Just been reminded that we're at Dunsfold air show then I had forgotten earlier, did fancy a bit of the peaks.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Micro Van Owners Weekend Bash Sept 7/8th Empty Re: Micro Van Owners Weekend Bash Sept 7/8th

Post by leopard_pagan Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:08 pm

I am sure it will clash with a bike do as well.. But for this one I don't mind leaving the bike at home for one weekend.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:31 am

rich the mechanic wrote:Just been reminded that we're at Dunsfold air show then I had forgotten earlier, did fancy a bit of the peaks.

Dunsfold ?? Dont forget to say heloo to Jeremy, and Richard and James.

Back in 1976 my old school mate Wayne was working for BAC there. A group of Chinese Business men came down for a test flight of
a private Jet that BAC were making . Wayne watched it take off and as it got a little way off the runway a flock of birds flew up off the grass --- straight into the air intakes killing the the turbines and bringing the plane down ploughing through 3 fields and straight across the Main Horsham to Guildford road hitting and flattening a Mk3 Cortina with a woman driver and 3 young schoolgirls. It turned out that she and two of the girls were the wife and kids of the husbands best mate -- another Test Pilot, Richard Whittington ( known to his friends as " Whippy Dick " ). Imagine the odds of that and having to
live with that for the rest of your life---- killing your best mates family.

When the got the plane dragged back to the hanger they found the remains of 39 Lapwings in the air intake.

And the Chinese business men --- nobody on the Jet suffered serious injuries--- because they were unhurt in the crash
--- they actually ordered a new plane because of how well it withstood the crash.

Oh and by the way Rich -- if you get fed up with the Air Display-- there is always The Land Rover Museum to go to close by.affraid bounce bounce 

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:01 am

bugger, i just went to put this in my dairy and realised ive got a craft fair on the saturday so no can do that weekend Sad 
was looking forward to it too
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:08 am

Just another thought. If you are only going to have Friday and or Saturday then knowing what the Island is like then August bank holiday is a complete no no as everywhere will be chocka and the traffic will be murder. The weekend before or two weekends after are,
down here anyway the quieter time. For me getting on or off the Island Bank Holiday is practically impossible--- unless you tell the nice lady in the booking office someone has died and you have got to
go to the funeral-----perhaps Logi could oblige me by practicing his welding skills on a half empty petrol tank.
Love you really Logi.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:54 am

I sort of think not the bank holiday weekend will be better.

Traffic is crap, Venues busy, People committed.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:32 am

HighlyJetted wrote:I sort of think not the bank holiday weekend will be better.

Traffic is crap, Venues busy, People committed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:25 pm

yeah, bank holidays will be busy and lots of traffic, and if its not on the bank holiday or the last weekend of july or 14 sept then i can come too Very Happy 
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:01 pm

I was thinking just one night as leave the rest of the weekend for doing other things
2nd weekend of any month is a no go
end of july is too soon to really organise properly.
last weekend of Aug would be better financially for me as get paid Very Happy that weekend. Also the bank hol sunday is a vintage motorcycle show i missed last year but had planned to be back by then anyway.

thing is folks.. cant book nowt till a date is set, remember no matter what the date is.. it will always clash with samat so you will never quite win.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rjdutch Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:41 pm

Looking forward to it, whichever weekend we go for!
rjdutch
rjdutch
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:59 pm

leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down