Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHATS THE QUICKEST SALE RESULT YOU HAVE HAD ON E-BAY ?

2 posters

Go down

WHATS THE QUICKEST SALE RESULT YOU HAVE HAD ON E-BAY ? Empty WHATS THE QUICKEST SALE RESULT YOU HAVE HAD ON E-BAY ?

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2013 6:38 pm

I have got a couple of ads on E-bay and it took ages to ACTUALLY SELL THE ITEMS some of which I delivered to the mainland on Sunday.

This morning at 9-30 am I put a load of old F**D badges -- about 400 of them for £125. ( sorry I don't want to use insulting language on here coz last time I did Logi and HJ nearly had heart attacks when I mentioned the word L**D R****R on here Embarassed )
When I got home tonight I checked my emails and they had sold in 45 mins and the money plus postage was in my Pay -pal account 45 mins after that. I could hardly believe it!!!
Has anyone else ever had such a quick result on E-bay ?? I sold a Diesel Fiesta last November on Wightbay here on the Island in under 4 mins. I had just shut the computer down from posting the advert and my phone rang and the Guy bought it over the phone.

But E-bay ( or should that be E-Buy Gum ) --- I am staggered. I have usually found it a waste of time and dosh.

Has anyone else had any GOOD experiences of it ?? I would be fascinated to know. cheers

Back to top Go down

WHATS THE QUICKEST SALE RESULT YOU HAVE HAD ON E-BAY ? Empty Re: WHATS THE QUICKEST SALE RESULT YOU HAVE HAD ON E-BAY ?

Post by HighlyJetted Tue May 21, 2013 6:56 pm

I think ebay is a great way to advertise stuff, it gets alot of exposure.

And a lot of idiots - but stupid people have money too. Look at all the Audi owners Wink Laughing

Best was a car a couple of months back that I sold in about 4 hours.

My Red LPG hijet went in less than 24 hours.

Maybe I should put the price up in future!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

WHATS THE QUICKEST SALE RESULT YOU HAVE HAD ON E-BAY ? Empty Re: WHATS THE QUICKEST SALE RESULT YOU HAVE HAD ON E-BAY ?

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2013 7:18 pm

The worst experience I had was trying to sell my Eric Carlsson Saab 9000 Turbo. It had been chipped and was 240 bhp. Pretty fast for a Chieftain
Tank

I lost count of the times I re-advertised it on there and Gumtree -----
I had dozens of day dreamers and time wasters (96 people watching---
and thats all they did too) and never sold it first to last . So I GAVE it to a
friend of mine who had been lusting over it for all the years I had it.
Boy was I glad to see the back of it. bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed May 22, 2013 5:59 am

Its still a good place to shift something different, opens it up to people who wouldnt otherwise see stuff. Yep, loads of twats on it but you just need to be aware. It wasnt the quckest sale but I got way more for my Daimler than I expected so it was well worth the fees.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Just wish the same had happened for me with my Carlsson 9000.
On the Daimler subject I went up to friends in Henley on Sunday and there was the most GORGEOUS Dart in bright red in the car park of the pub we had lunch at.
AND on my way up there in the morning I was passed by a beautiful white GENUINE Cobra and a light Blue Ford GT 40. What a day I thought.
doesnt get much better than that ---- but it did.

Walking back along the side off the Thames from the pub lunch I heard a plane and I said to Mike " that sounds like a Spitfire " and 20 seconds later it came into view ---- FOLLOWED BY ANOTHER ONE. They were playing silly beggars --mock dog fight above the fields and trees and we watced them playing for about 3mins. ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS conclusion to our day.

Great to get a post from you Logi. Thanks for the comments about the twerps on Ebay but as you say gives a much wider audience for sales.

I have now found a few more Jag, Rover V8, Lancia, Hillman and I am ashamed to say Marina TC coupe badges so I will give them a try too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 5:52 am

Dont know what the hell is going on- it must be Summer down here ( not in
Logi-Land though from what I have seen on the weather forecast).
See my E-bay thread---WHATS THE QUICKEST E-BAY SALE YOU HAVE HAD?

Its 5-30am now and as usual cant sleep so I have been on this LOVE/HATE
machine for an hour now. I know Logi is a VERY early riser but 4-30am drinking coffee and one finger typing is ridiculous at this time of the day for me.

But the best part of it all is I am sitting here with my Wharfdales wound right up enjoying The Very Best of The Doors listening to " Riders on the Storm " and that wonderfully simple key-board rendition by Ray Manzarac who very sadly died this week of cancer aged 74 !!!

74 !!! I was 18 when I fell in love with The Doors music --- 45 years ago.
Blimie Oldie up there in Swansea - where have the years all gone ?

Right back on E-bay thread or rather Wightbay track down here on the Island. I posted an advert to sell a Romahome body at 9-29 am and at 9-36am had a phone call from a guy desperate to buy it. Amazing.

I have kept the add running as I have 3 Romahome bodies to sell and have
had nearly 1000 viewings of the add but only 4 more phone calls none of which turned up or phoned up. I wont say what I am really thinking regarding them ( although I would like to ). I know Logi would have something very apt and hysterically funny --- so heres an Invite please Logi---- make us all laugh my friend.

I need cheering up dealing with pillocks like them.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri May 24, 2013 11:50 am

Camper vans do attract idiots and dreamers, just like modified cars.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 12:44 pm

So true Matt. The trouble also here on the Island is that 28% of the male population are unemployed and about 95% of that 28% are unemployable and so sit at home eating an boozing, ending up like two legged Hippopotomi daydreaming and wasting the time of hardworking people like thee and me Matt and gobbling up every benefit available that yours and my tax pay for.
The ONLY benefit that I get at all as a pensioner is the Winter fuel benefit of £200 once a year.
Every other bill I have to pay I have to earn. Regards Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down