Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help starting please

3 posters

Go down

help starting please Empty help starting please

Post by ballycroybiffo Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi, I have just spent a week working on the cooling system of my Hijet pick-up van (S85). Now it won't start, so I can't try out to see if I've solved the overheating problem. Engine cranked once, but it was in gear. Now we are just getting a zizzing noise from a little box down below and behind the passenger seat. The battery is fully charged and working on our tractor. Any ideas or help?

ballycroybiffo

Back to top Go down

help starting please Empty Re: help starting please

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Does it sound like the starter motor spinning but not turning the engine over?

You might have snapped some of the starter ring teeth of the flywheel. When you started it in gear last time.

Give it a little push and dip the clutch so you can turn the engine over a bit, then have another go with the starter.

After all that if non of that works, give it a bump start with a tow rope from the tractor. If it starts that way then you know for sure its the starter motor or solenoid.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Could be starter pinion jammed in flywheel? Rocking the van forwards and back whilst in gear may clear it. As HJ says, if it starts from a bump or tow, then I'd whip the starter off and try it off the engine.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down