Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help some F*&%er replaced my map sensor with a screw

+2
Little Black Van
the little yellow van
6 posters

Go down

help some F*&%er replaced my map sensor with a screw Empty help some F*&%er replaced my map sensor with a screw

Post by the little yellow van Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:10 pm

hello there everyone

Right i will start from the beginning i bought a lovely little yellow van hijet 993cc EFI which had a blown head gasket which i have replaced since

but had a little bit of trouble setting the timing as it smoked like winston churchill. so i reset it again replaced the plugs air filter and so on ran the diags nothing came up apart from faulty temp sensor which i replaced and also lambda sensor too.

it also drinks fuel like me at a festival

so i checked all of the vacuum hoses to make sure none are split only to come across a screw jammed into the map sensor hose ??????????

where should the map sensor be located as i can not find it ?????

the little yellow van
Clubman

Back to top Go down

help some F*&%er replaced my map sensor with a screw Empty Re: help some F*&%er replaced my map sensor with a screw

Post by Little Black Van Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:49 pm

It should be next to the handbrake, under the casing I believe.

Little Black Van
Centurion

Back to top Go down

help some F*&%er replaced my map sensor with a screw Empty Re: help some F*&%er replaced my map sensor with a screw

Post by the little yellow van Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:53 pm

Thanks I'll take a look and see if i can find it fingers crossed they left it intact Laughing

sorry but does anybody know if the rear brake cylinders are universal or drivers side /passenger side differ

the little yellow van
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by the little yellow van Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:43 pm

thanks for your help little black van

I found it removed the screw from the hose fitted it to the pressure sensor and it runs like a fine tuned lotus esprit

this dropped my mpg to 20mpg or less and smoked like mad and would not run smooth at all

the little yellow van
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Who in their right mind would do such a thing... oh I forgot, we're dealing with the likes of a garage mechanic!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:02 pm

the little yellow van wrote:sorry but does anybody know if the rear brake cylinders are universal or drivers side /passenger side differ

I had some problems with these on my 1995 993 jet. They are different - the brake pipe goes into one (I think RH), then out of it and across to the other side, where there's a bleed nipple. My garage got round it by using a t-piece so the fluid goes to both cylinders, each having a bleed nipple. So it's more a problem of the connections than the size/shape of the cylinder.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:48 pm

PFM wrote:

I had some problems with these on my 1995 993 jet. They are different - the brake pipe goes into one (I think RH), then out of it and across to the other side, where there's a bleed nipple. My garage got round it by using a t-piece so the fluid goes to both cylinders, each having a bleed nipple. So it's more a problem of the connections than the size/shape of the cylinder.

A lot of rear cylinders are setup that way you would remove the bleed nipple from one and connect the other in that hole and then just bleed across.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by the little yellow van Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:07 pm

ah ok I'd better take a look before I order one and some new brake shoes im sure they will be soaked in fluid thanks once again for all of your help

has anyone taken their van onto a ferry yet not sure how the charges would work as it is a van but smaller than most cars ??????????? as im thinking of doing a trip to france once i have worked out how to fit a folding bed /seats in as a camper van

the little yellow van
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:09 pm

Bet they charge you van rate if its not an MPV.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by the little yellow van Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:21 pm

I will have to check it out at some point

the little yellow van
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:25 pm

I used to have a customer who called himself a glass technition and he had a Tranit that a mate of his made him up some stickers that looked a bit like mirrored glass windows and used to book ferries to France as a camper even though if they had looked inside it was obvious before you looked up at the sides as it was a typical work van full of old shit.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:35 pm

When I went pver in mine I was charged van rates, size does not matter. As HJ said if it had windows it is classed as MPV so car rate
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down