Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steering Pulling

2 posters

Go down

Steering Pulling Empty Steering Pulling

Post by blane Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Hello there, I've got a strange thing with my steering.
When i put steering in full lock (or nearly) when i straighten back up the steering pulls to that side, the left or right depending on which lock it was on. It does this for half a mile (give or take) then goes back to normal. A mechanic took a look and said everything looks o.k. and it only passed it's m.o.t. in December with no steering problems. So is this normal on a HiJet ?
Cheers, Blane

blane

Back to top Go down

Steering Pulling Empty Re: Steering Pulling

Post by fupabox Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:35 am

check the upper strut bearings..they can get a little sticky..they are not really greaseable but you can lube them with a spray lube to keep them from binding...Also check the front mounting of your panhard rod (goes from the lower control arm forwards and bolts through a mount with a front and rear rubber bushing) this controls forward and rearward movemnt of the wheel and keeps it centered in the wheel well...if one of the front bushings is worn it could cause the wheel move slightly..... and would pull....

fupabox
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by blane Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks, i'll give it a good going over come the weekend and let you know what i find.

blane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down