Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current active Hijet Forums

5 posters

Go down

Current active Hijet Forums  Empty Current active Hijet Forums

Post by Carpetcleanvan Thu May 05, 2022 3:20 pm

Such a shame this forum isnt as active as it once was also that Woodie has retired .

Whats going on elsewhere besides less hijets on the road, where are people discussing them ?

I dont do facebook but assume if any forum is currently active it might be on facebook ?

Carpetcleanvan
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Current active Hijet Forums  Empty Re: Current active Hijet Forums

Post by buttondup Fri May 06, 2022 11:07 am

There are a lot of posts on Daihatsu Hijet Piaggio Porters Owners club on Facebook,  Woodie posts there frequently too.
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri May 06, 2022 1:26 pm

I agree it's a pity, and I don't do facebook either. Didn't know Woody had arrived in the 21st Century!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sun May 08, 2022 8:15 am

Yes it’s a shame as this was once a very active forum but the move towards FB by the general public has meant everything goes there now, even Woody.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Carpetcleanvan Sun May 08, 2022 8:42 am

Facebook isnt something I want or need except I kind of need the active Hijet forum that this once was since overall hijet use is alot harder now .
Is woody selling Hijet bits an bobs on facebook or just helping others out or both.... like on here previously ?
I wouldnt have thought it was his thing but Im out of touch with anything social media so wouldnt know .

Last edited by Carpetcleanvan on Sun May 08, 2022 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Carpetcleanvan
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by buttondup Sun May 08, 2022 11:29 am

Facebook is what you make of it.
If you want to make it a Microvans forum, it can be a microvans forum.
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Mon May 09, 2022 7:31 am

Woody does sell some bits he comes across on his Aladdin’s cave of parts and does help people out still but not as much as he once did due to various reason theses days. He is still around and happy to offer advice etc but did leave this forum a while ago and just comments on the FB one these days.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by gogopiaggio Mon May 09, 2022 8:07 pm

The main problem with the Facebook group -- which i used to use but have stopped due to not using facebook anymore -- is that there is loads of useful info posted on there that very quickly disappears and is then practically impossible to find, and the search is rubbish. What it really wants is a community minded spirit to copy the useful posts (like the civic radiator swap) xto new threads on a proper forum like this, where they can be maintained and any fool can find them even in another ten years.

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Tue May 10, 2022 7:52 am

I agree that finding things on here where they can be categorised was much easier and it’s difficult to find things on FB forums but we did have the same issue on here of people asking the same questions over and over again i.e what pcd are the wheels etc instead of doing a quick search or looking in the FAQ. Be great if this forum rose again but somehow there are a few characters missing now that made it what it was at one time.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down