Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skylark and a new heart

2 posters

Go down

Skylark and a new heart Empty Skylark and a new heart

Post by Raggy Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:02 pm

So I started to think about replacing Skylark’s engine a while ago to try and claw back some of the horses that had escaped over the years and when you don’t have many every little counts! Now before anyone says why not just spend the money on a 1.3....well tough..I like my Skylark and when has it ever mattered being economically viable!
So back onto the story so far, I managed to get an engine that was apparently taken out as a runner so it’s just a quick clean and it’s ready to go....errrr....no. Those that know my previous projects will know I don’t usually do things by half so to be on the safe side (don’t see the point of putting it in only to find out something needs replacing later) I decided a complete refurb was required. If you watch the video you will see that was the right decision. I had in the end one complete engine, one spare head and a bottom end of an engine so a few parts to go at (I also have a lot of other spares like inlet manifolds etc from a friends van, sorry non for sale).
Was asked how long to get this far...no idea really it’s a project without a set dats as Skylark is currently still pottering along so no rush. So get the drinks, get the pop corn, sit back and relax and watch the restoration of a CB42 993 3 cylinder engine...Part 1. (Sorry it’s a film of still photos, may get around to doing an actual video of the rebuild once everything is cleaned and painted).

Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Skylark and a new heart Empty Re: Skylark and a new heart

Post by PFM Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:30 am

Stunning work as usual, Raggy. How's the re-build coming on?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:26 pm

One word...slowly! But there is no rush and can see it taking quite a lot longer. Still in the clean up phase at the minute.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down