Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jubilee Clip Buyers Guide - Stainles Hose Clips For A Tight Fix

5 posters

Go down

Jubilee Clip Buyers Guide - Stainles Hose Clips For A Tight Fix Empty Jubilee Clip Buyers Guide - Stainles Hose Clips For A Tight Fix

Post by CoolJet Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:42 pm

If you go and buy Jubilee Clips. Bring a little magnet.

They all claim to be stainless but only few of them really are
Test if the screw or other parts are magnetic.
Search untill you find some that are completely unmagnetic.
Mostly its the little screw thats a little magnetic and it will rust.
There are others that are completly unmagnetic and they stay completly shiny for ever.
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Jubilee Clip Buyers Guide - Stainles Hose Clips For A Tight Fix Empty Re: Jubilee Clip Buyers Guide - Stainles Hose Clips For A Tight Fix

Post by PFM Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:45 pm

That's a top tip, thanks CJ. Doesn't work when buying online though, sadly.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Jubilee Clip Buyers Guide - Stainles Hose Clips For A Tight Fix Empty Re: Jubilee Clip Buyers Guide - Stainles Hose Clips For A Tight Fix

Post by Raggy Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:45 pm

Agreed, tried it...and magnet fell off screen!
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:56 pm

I love it - you Wally. Very funny Raggy.

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolJet Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:29 pm

LMFAO... so just go for these:

https://www.ideal-schlemper.de/produkte-loesungen/

material class: W4 or W5
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:26 am

No good... magnet still fell off screen!
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolJet Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:31 am

clown
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:32 am

There is only 1 jubilee clip https://www.jubileeclips.co.uk/products/original/

The rest are just imitations!

Proper jubilee's are strong and hard, they can be tightened up properly with quite a lot of force.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:05 am

A word of warning from my own experience. I obtained a supply of SS hose clips with the intention a gradually renewing those fitted to my MPV. I did the easy one first - passenger side top hose; gently eased off the old one, opened the SS one, fitted it, tightened it and patted myself on the back. Nice and shiny, nice and strong. A week later noticed a small pool of coolant on the garage floor. Sure enough it was coming from the new clip. It refused to tighten further. On investigation I found the new clip was slightly wider than the old one and the indentation left by the old clip didn't match up to the new clip. The rubber that's already been compressed by the original clip goes very hard and unless the new SS clip is exactly the same shape and width as its predecessor it won't tighten down properly. Result - a tiny leak. I conclude that if I want to install new SS hose clips I'll have to renew the rubber pipe too so the SS clip is the first to tighten onto the new rubber and thus the water pipe.
biofos
biofos
Chatterbox

http://www.biofos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:39 am

I've found there's generally sufficient length of pipe to fit a jubilee clip next to the existing hose clips, for double protection.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down