Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Definitive wheel list and fitting

Go down

Definitive wheel list and fitting Empty Definitive wheel list and fitting

Post by Brainsparks30 Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:01 am

Direct exchange wheels appear to be non-existent anywhere, so I am considering wheel adaptors, or as I have read somewhere here, wheels that need the center machining.

I do not see off the shelf adaptors anywhere, only spacers.
I found a Motor engineer with a machine shop, as for having adaptors made, I could do with specifications for dimensions, grade of materials ect.

I am aiming for 13'' or 14'', Is there a list of wheels that would fit after machining?

As a side note, is there a way to put all wheel data posts into one sticky?

Brainsparks30
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Definitive wheel list and fitting Empty Re: Definitive wheel list and fitting

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:48 am

Hi Brainspark. Your brain obviously wasn't sparking properly at 12.01am, but as it was late/early you are forgiven.

Stop and THINK. If you find a set of wheels that are the right stud pattern 110x4 and they are few and far between then if you have to enlarge the centre hole, you have got to get the tyre removed, balance weights and then find someone with a dirty great lathe - machine the hole out to Hi-Jet size, get the tyre put back on and rebalanced. Then if you decide to sell the Van and the wheels they are only going to fit a Hi-Jet and not the original vehicle. So you have reduced your buyers market by half.

I have covered this subject on numerous occasions in the past. ALL YOU HAVE GOT TO DO IS GET THE DISC MOUNTING FLANGE REDUCED TO THE SIZE OF YOUR WHEEL. Much cheaper and easier than getting the wheel machined.
Then if someone wants to buy your wheels for a Hi-Jet you sell them with the FLANGE. If you sell them for the original vehicle, then you can as you haven't destroyed that option by having centre hole machined out.

A Win-Win situation. I can supply you with the flanges so that you can get them machined and ready to fit without having your Van off the road for days waiting for the Flanges off your van machined.
SIMPLES IN IT??

Definitive wheel list and fitting Dsc_0110

Back to top Go down