Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front exhaust gasket

2 posters

Go down

Front exhaust gasket  Empty Front exhaust gasket

Post by sputnik Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi folks. Not been on here for a while but trust you are all well!

I had a new exhaust fitted this time last year (from Regis) on my 2000 Hijet 1.3i MPV. It is MOT time again and it has just blown a gasket at the front (at the bolted sprung flange connector where the exhaust joins the manifold), or at least I'm hoping that's all it is. I'm struggling to identify what sized replacement gasket I need. I texted Neil at Regis but haven't heard anything back yet.

I'm assuming it is a wire mesh doughnut type gasket and that these are fairly universal as long as the diameter is correct. Could anyone be so kind as to point me in the right direction?

Oddly, in a quick call to my local garage they couldn't see a part come up on their parts diagram but their system seemed to be a bit confused flipping back and forwards between s85 and other models.

Cheers

sputnik
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Front exhaust gasket  Empty Re: Front exhaust gasket

Post by Raggy Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:58 pm

Not sure but I would think that gasket is fairly common.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sputnik Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Neil at Regus has got back to me and is sending one out... As soon as they are back in stock.

sputnik
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:10 am

I keep new ones in stock Sputnik - if Neil hasn't got a date for his new stock - (I don't want to tread on his toes) email me at thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sputnik Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:50 am

Many thanks Woodie - I'm waiting to hear back from Neil but I may well come back to you as my tax is due to expire at the end of the month so could really do with getting the MOT done before then!

sputnik
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down