Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New hijet - Little Issues

3 posters

Go down

New hijet - Little Issues Empty New hijet - Little Issues

Post by Harryy Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Im a proud owner of my first ever car... a hijet!

Few issues I hope some people have advice on

1. It's an lpg model, any advice on how i should run it? Should it be run or started on petrol regularly?

2. The petrol gauge doesnt work and I'd love to get this fixed??

3. I have three keys, one to open the door opens and locks passenger side, but can only lock drivers side... how can i fix this?

4. Reverse light doesn't work, but the bulb looks fine? Bit vague on this one

any help towards any of theese would be great! Thanks!

Harryy

Back to top Go down

New hijet - Little Issues Empty Re: New hijet - Little Issues

Post by rich the mechanic Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi and welcome hope some of this helps if not I'm sure some one will have a clue

1. It's an lpg model, any advice on how i should run it? Should it be run or started on petrol regularly?
a= I've not had a LPG but was looking at one and I think you need to start on petrol as there is a warmer of some sort to turn it back to gas which works off the cooling system

2. The petrol gauge doesnt work and I'd love to get this fixed??
a= wiring or gauge or sender, someone had this prob and it was a bad earth at the fuel tank.

3. I have three keys, one to open the door opens and locks passenger side, but can only lock drivers side... how can i fix this?
a= is it central locking? if it is on ours where the door motor conects is a clamp and if it comes loose and slips the whole system plays up as the door motor has the switch built in, if not swap the barrels over between the doors if you can and don't unlock on passenger side.

4. Reverse light doesn't work, but the bulb looks fine? Bit vague on this one
a= check the connections along the way and if you an find the switch at the gear box you can check it with a multimeter.

Hope this helps.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Harryy Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:56 am

Cheers for the help, Illl try those things.

One more question, anybody ply lined and insulated the back of the van? Could do with some advice with this!

Harryy

Back to top Go down

New hijet - Little Issues Empty RE: New Hijet - Little Issues - LPG

Post by bushwhacker Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:47 pm

As I remember it my guarantee booklet stated that my system could be set to start on LPG but in cold weather it could cause engine damage. Therefore, I didn't consider the idea anymore and left it starting on petrol.

I don't know whether this applies to all systems or just the one I have but it is worth bearing in mind.
bushwhacker
bushwhacker
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Harryy Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Cheers for help guys, having a new problem now, if I put clutch down to coast or a very slow gear change over 30/35mph the engine will cut out / stall. Keeps doing it and gets abit dangerous! Seems to do it on both petrol and lpg i think?!

Harryy

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Hi get a new set of plugs LPG is hard to burn I read somewhere and for a few quid its a easy fix if thats all it is but start there then new leads and then new dizzy cap and rotor 9 times out of ten though if is a running prob it's the plugs, I once diagnosed a plug issue across a field, it was a pure guess as it wouldn't start but a trip to halfrauds and it was running Smile
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down