Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extol mystery illness

Go down

Extol mystery illness Empty Extol mystery illness

Post by mattfromsouthwick Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi all. my 1.3 Extol is giving me all kinds of grief. I replaced the fuel pump after it packed up a while ago which solved that issue but now i have another. the van starts and runs fine but once it gets up to temperature the idle becomes lumpy and as soon as you put your foot down the engines chokes and dies. i have been told that it could be down to a faulty coolant temp sensor, does this sound like something anyone has heard of? i am also having major issues trying to find the sensor anywhere, it has no part number and no search i do comes up with anything that looks correct. It is a brown two pin plug with quiet a wide thread. Any help would be extremely appreciated as i am super stuck at the moment. i will try and post a picture of it soon. thank you everyone Smile

mattfromsouthwick

Back to top Go down

Extol mystery illness Empty Re: Extol mystery illness

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi Matt. Bit too close for comfort just up Portsdown Hill.
But welcome anyway. Rolling Eyes

Bear in mind that your Extol engine is not a Daihatsu one but a Toyota one and as such you will have a much better choice of 1300 engines from the car range at the scrap yards. Far more choice than us poor Hi-Jet Owners have.

Back to top Go down

Post by mattfromsouthwick Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:05 pm

yea we have probably seen each other about. funny thing is i work at a scrap yard Smile its just a mission to find one little sensor out of a stupid number of cars. any ideas what would have the same sensor? i heard Yaris but havnt found the same sensor on one yet

mattfromsouthwick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:34 pm

Completely unlikely Matt. Not unless you come over to the Isle of Wight.
The engine is a development between Toyota and Daihatsu. Have you looked at the engine in the YRV. It is the same as the Extol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:46 pm

daihatsu copen 1.3 maybe has the same engine as yrv... i dont know for sure.
But you could look at that one to.
And a sirion 1.3 also has that engine..

But like you said you work on a scrapyard so you have to check for yourself to find out.

good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by mattfromsouthwick Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:01 pm

so i have changed the sensor, coils, igniter and ECU and still exactly the same. really am running out of ideas now? anybody had similar? it idles and accelerates fine when it is cold but as soon as its up to temperature it bogs out when you put your foot down. i now have a whole other van for parts but really am completely stuck as to what the problem could be. please help me!!!

mattfromsouthwick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:08 am

i would if i could.. but i have no idea
i hope somebody else can.

in the meantime i would just check everything if i were you.
check all vacuumhoses check all other regular stuff etc
i dont have any good advice sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by mattfromsouthwick Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:14 pm

so in the process of checking the vacuum hoses i have found a couple of things that needed sorting but still havnt made much difference. there is a black box that sits in a bracket on the side of the engine under the drivers seat that has a hose coming from the fuel pump, one going into the throttle body and one going to a small plastic valve that sits in the head. anybody know what this box does? if i take the hose off of the bit that goes into the head, the revs pick up for a bit then go steadily up and down. there is also another hose coming from the box that goes to nothing but doesnt seem to make any difference whether you cover the end of it or not?!?!

mattfromsouthwick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down