Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smart Car Seats Duo-tone Gray

4 posters

Go down

Smart Car Seats Duo-tone Gray Empty Smart Car Seats Duo-tone Gray

Post by biofos Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:41 pm

For those contemplating fitting Smart Car seats in their Hijet/Porter you have probably found the only real source is eBay and it seems Smart Car breakers are largely concentrated in the South/South East. Yes there are always a few pairs of seats available but normally 'for collection only' or the transport costs outweight the seat price. Living in the North East has meant many frustrating sessions on eBay as they rarely appear anywhere in Yorkshire, Durham, Cumbria etc. However I got lucky and spied a pair in Hartlepool of all places. Not sure of what to expect I arranged to go see them (90 minutes drive). Lovely seats and a great seller who tells me he's the only Smart Car breaker in NE England. I bought the seats on sight and he included the 'mounting stands' and four whacking great spacers (all proper MB kit). I paid £50 for the pair and they must have had a very relaxed life as they are pristine. As you all probably know these seats are sought for retro-fitting in many vehicles, Land Rovers, Mini Vans, Kit cars etc and the seller sends them all over the world. He is a small concern operating out of private premises and has a limited amount of incoming cars to break, so don't expect a heap of choice. His eBay handle is "boyzunder" and comes highly recommended.

Now all I have to do is work out the best way to fit them.

Cheers

John.
biofos
biofos
Chatterbox

http://www.biofos.com

Back to top Go down

Smart Car Seats Duo-tone Gray Empty Re: Smart Car Seats Duo-tone Gray

Post by Logi Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:50 am

Damn good price for the seats, one day I will get the heated leather ones for mine. Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:49 am

biofos wrote:

John.

Here you go ........ https://hijet.forumotion.com/t1229-fitting-smart-car-seats?highlight=smart+seats

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:25 am

Lightning does strike twice as I got mine from an eBay private seller in....Hartlepool as well! Cost....£50... and about same drive time for me as well. Now there I coincidence. Don’t think it was same seller as this was a private address, someone who wa selling the bit he didn’t want from a Smartcar project. Post som pic so we can se what you bought. With a bit of thought I found them relatively easy to fit, couple of new holes in Smart runners and Hijet engine covers.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:30 am

Raggy wrote:Lightning does strike twice as I got mine from an eBay private seller in....Hartlepool as well! Cost....£50... and about same drive time for me as well. Now there I coincidence. Don’t think it was same seller as this was a private address, someone who wa selling the bit he didn’t want from a Smartcar project. Post som pic so we can se what you bought. With a bit of thought I found them relatively easy to fit, couple of new holes in Smart runners and Hijet engine covers.

Raggy,

There's a coincidence! This chap operates from his private address too. Just might be the same fella. I've read all the 'fitting' posts from forum folk who have been down this road and it looks pretty straightforward. I'm loathed to flog the engine cover with a big hammer though. Will see what I can come up with.
biofos
biofos
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:34 am

oldie wrote:
biofos wrote:

John.

Here you go ........ https://hijet.forumotion.com/t1229-fitting-smart-car-seats?highlight=smart+seats

Oldie,

Thanks for the links. I read them all several times before I bought these. Trying to avoid "re-shaping" the engine cover if possible.
biofos
biofos
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:47 am

Inearly got away without 'reshaping' but it just rattled on air filter box if i remember. Its not much of a thump with a hammer, go for it
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:38 am

More of a tap than a thump Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Testing images...

Smart Car Seats Duo-tone Gray Seat_1
Smart Car Seats Duo-tone Gray Seat_2
biofos
biofos
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:17 pm

[quote="biofos"]Testing images...

Today I examined the back of the seats - it's a metal upright pan - and noticed the passenger side (the one that folds flat) has a few light scrapes. They are finished in matt/satin black. Nothing a bit of T-Cut and some wax polish won't cure, thinks I. Oh dear, what a mess! Niether would polish off properly and I was left with a nasty, greasy mess that showed every polish rub. Never experienced this before. After much trial and error and an even bigger mess I sought help through Google. It seems that true matt and satin black have a different surface structure to cellulose or two pack. This is to stop it reflecting light and appear matt. Cutting compound and polish just sit in the minute troughs between the peaks and will never polish out. The only stuff recommended to use is AutoGlym Fast Glass which I don't have. But I do use AutoGlym Glass Cleaner, a very thin blue liquid, so I tried that. Yep, that's better; all the greasy marks and the polish rubs gone and the surface is now restored to original, a dull semi-matt black. It is the only stuff generally available that dissolves the grease and gunge from windows and matt black paintwork. It works.

Seats:

Smart Car Seats Duo-tone Gray Seat_114

And the back of the passenger one:

Smart Car Seats Duo-tone Gray Seat_211

Last edited by biofos on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
biofos
biofos
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Those look stunning those seats, good news on the seat backs. Mine were off a left hand drive so had to swap them around and remove the seat belt guides. You may need to do the same as I don’t think they line up too well. Mine were a kind of hammered hammer it’s finish.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:12 am

Any idea what link to include if I want the images to appear on this forum page rather than folks having to click them?
biofos
biofos
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:32 am

Yes, click the one you want is the first one, the one with a picture and a floppy disc together. You will probably need to create an account if asked.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:47 am

Raggy wrote:Yes, click the one you want is the first one, the one with a picture and a floppy disc together. You will probably need to create an account if asked.

Had an account for some months but when you don't tend to include a lot of images in your posts (which everyone likes & we should encourage) you soon forget the vagaries of the system. I'll have to write myself a procedural note! Thanks for that.
biofos
biofos
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:46 pm

Ask Mr Woodie, he's the IT Tech on this Forum lol! .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:24 pm

oldie wrote:Ask Mr Woodie, he's the IT Tech on this Forum lol! .

+1 woodie is the man!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down