Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it really worth £20 ??

Go down

Is it really worth £20 ??  Empty Is it really worth £20 ??

Post by Guest Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:11 am

To look at this Oil Filter you would naturally think - £20 ?
You're having a laugh ! And normally you would certainly be right. But in this case you would certainly be wrong. It is what is INSIDE this filter that puts the additional value to it.
About 12 - 13 years ago a friend told me about this amazing oil additive he had tried and was really enthusing about it. It was blooming expensive for a tidy little bottle but he kept on about it. So I thought, "What the heck, give it a try." So I ordered a 250ml bottle of it and gave it a try in my Skoda Rapid 135 Injection.

Well I was pretty amazed by it I seem to recall. The engine was noticeably smoother, revved more freely and made a very noticeable difference to acceleration and top gear acceleration even. It was one treatment and that was supposed last up to 25,000 miles. Next time I wanted some, John was no longer in contact with the chap selling the Additive. So that was that.

Just recently I was talking to a friend about oil additives - I use and keep loads of Wynn's Friction Proofing in stock - and I then remembered the oil additive I bought from John years ago.
You tend to look back on things and events etc in the past through rose coloured glasses. Was it really that good?
So I Googled it and yes it is still in production. But a 1 litre bottle costs £52-50, plus I paid £8 for next day delivery and then the vat a total of £72-60!! How much??

Well I just hope that my memory wasn't playing too many tricks on me at that price. It is enough for FIVE good doses and each as I mentioned lasts up to 25,00 miles.

Well it arrived the next day but I didn't get a chance to do an oil change until Wednesday last week. I used some Semi- Synthetic oil and put 200ml of the additive in the filter £16 worth of it making the combined cost of £20..

So let the engine warm up a little and give the additive a chance to circulate around the engine. The tickover was higher and the engine definitely felt smoother. So took a gentle drive up out of Niton over Blackgang and along the Military Road for about 8 miles just poodling along at 50mph. Turned round in IoW Pearl and pulled up the hill and it was effortless and so smooth. Got the Niton side of Brighstone and gave it some welly - a lot of welly, foot hard to the floor welly. Rose coloured glasses?? Not at all. Way better than I remembered. It's amazing the difference it has made to acceleration and top end power, really noticeable. So yes I can truly RECOMMEND ZX1. Does what the manufacturer says it does - and more besides.
You can contact them on 01892 669828 or contact sales@team-zx1.com
You won't be disappointed. I will post some photos after sending this post. Don't want any of the usual problems of losing this lot.

Back to top Go down

Is it really worth £20 ??  Empty Re: Is it really worth £20 ??

Post by Guest Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:17 am

Well glad I did do that. My tablet is saying that battery is too low to download pictures and send. It downloads 1 picture and then reverts to this screen. So as some say :
Later!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:38 am

interesting study

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:46 am

Is it really worth £20 ??  Dsc_0117

Is it really worth £20 ??  Dsc_0118
Is it really worth £20 ??  Dsc_0028
Is it really worth £20 ??  Dsc_0029

Doesn't matter which way I put the photos up - they end up on their side. Oh well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:52 pm

Just re-read my original Post. Somebody has nicked the 0 off of the mileage figure ZX1 quote for how far you can go before it needs a fresh dose of Lube.

It should have read 25,000 miles and not the 25,00 I put down in the Post. Stupid boy.

As an update to the Post, I have done a couple of hundred miles now since putting the ZX1 in my Hi-Jet MPV and it just seems to be getting quicker and quicker.

I have a benchmark hill coming up out of Wroxall from my Workshop. I floor it at 30mph in second gear going up the hill as I get to the 30 mph signs. When I get to the top of the hill it is usually pulling 50-51 mph in third gear on the brow of the hill. Yesterday I tried the usual benchmark test. The result - - 57mph. It is just an amazing product. Can't find enough superlatives to describe it.

Once again their phone number is:
01892 669828 and speak to Sandra Munt. Alternatively email them at :
info@team-zx1.com Their Website address is : www.team-zx1.com to view their products and prices.
I have bought a another Litre of it and a tub of the Grease, got the Tee Shirt and also a Baseball Cap and the little Oiler bottle that Raggy got when he bought a 250cc bottle of ZX1.
It can be used in the differential, on Bike Chains, Chain Saws, in two stroke engines. The applications are endless. I'm going to use it on the Mother-in-Laws wheel chair and try her out in it down the Multi Storey Car Park Ramp and see if she can go faster than my mates Ferrari. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Is it really worth £20 ??  Snakeo10
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:17 pm

It's even more slippery than Snake Oil Logi. Have read up on it and still don't understand how or why it works. But it certainly does. Brilliant stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:04 am

Well. My unbiased opinion on Woodys snake oil.
I have tried this on the jeep recently( it's pretty shagged so nothing to lose Wink) , and sooo wanted to slag it off as snake oil.
But.
It does seem to have made a difference.?
Seems a bit quieter and smoother running, can't see any difference power wise tho, but will keep you posted if I do. ( which won't be this week as it has a fucked wheel bearing Sad so the Sootyvan has been pressed back in service as the commuter at present)
So to sum up, IMHO it's not complete bollox Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down