Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spot lights etc

Go down

Spot lights etc Empty Spot lights etc

Post by Raggy Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:56 pm

With my new front end for Skylark I am putting on angel eye daytime lights with combined fog lights, which I will wire into the existing fog light switch etc but with the new bull bar I will be adding two new spots/driving lights on a separate switch. Anyone show me a diagram how and advice on wiring them in? Electrics were never my strong point but willing to learn. Already got an illuminated switch for them, presume I need a relay but just need a pointer with where to supply it from etc.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Spot lights etc Empty Re: Spot lights etc

Post by Guest Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:02 pm

Not sure if it is still the law these days Raggy but it used to be that the Spotlights should only come on with main beam and extinguish on Dip.
I will gladly talk to you about the wiring in bit my friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:31 am

Could be right there, its been a while since I put them on my mini, remember wiring them to a switch but could have been the fog I had to a separate switch, memory fails me! (Which is getting more regular!)
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:50 pm

Getting more complicated than I thought, just reading that:

1) Daytime running lights should come on automatically when the engine is started, and which turn off automatically when headlights or sidelights are lit. Presume I can sort this with a relay.
2) Driving lights should be wired to engage only when the high beams are in use. Fair enough, suppose I can pick off a feed from the column light switch. What about having an override switch in case I want them on say when camping to set up.

Am I best running a new feed from the battery for these lights or is there a closer point to take a feed from?

No wonder I left this bit to the end of the mods I'm doing  Laughing
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down