Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

waterless coolant

2 posters

Go down

waterless coolant Empty waterless coolant

Post by Barry 6448 Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:09 pm

This has probably been asked before!
But has anyone else used waterless coolant in a 1ltr engine? I'm thinking of going for evan's two part system but its expensive and I don't really want it to end up all over the road! Just wondered if anyone else has used it before?
any advise would be greatly received.

Barry 6448
Clubman

Back to top Go down

waterless coolant Empty Re: waterless coolant

Post by Raggy Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:50 pm

Its been asked before but if the van is setup properly it does not need special water just water with the correct antifreeze and regular maintainance. They overheat when somethibg is wrong somewhere. Your best and more cost effctive solution is to go systematically through the system, replace the rad caps, bleed it properly and see what happens then. Water free solution will not solve an overheating hijet as one Chinese proverb once stated unless you only want to bodge it for a while but that's an expensive way to do that.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Expensive for who? The mug buying it?? It's cheaper than getting a head gasket done for sure. Trouble is Hi-Jet temperature gauges don't read up to 180° centigrade.

The only reason - - (in your words) "it will end up all over the road" is a burnt seal on the head gasket - - assuming that you have taken Raggy's advice and gone through the systematic process of checking out the cooling system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry 6448 Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:21 am

Thank's for the advice ! I've been through the water system replaced the rad cap, water pump, thermostat and radiator. And fitted a separate fan switch everything is fine no overheating or loss of coolant she never goes above half on the gauge . I was only thinking of the waterless coolant option as a precaution! If I had the vehicle heavily loaded and I was working it hard ( it's quite hilly around where I live) I've thought it might be a good idea

Barry 6448
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down