Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will these fit: Alloy quest 2

+3
singledad
andy pyke
Logi
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will these fit: Alloy quest 2 Empty Will these fit: Alloy quest 2

Post by andy pyke Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Having bought some alloys that are completely wrong last week, I'm now asking "that" question:   Will these fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-14-Alloys-with-fresh-NORDICCA-195-65-R14-winter-tyres-Peugeot-306-/201697268478?hash=item2ef61812fe:g:KkEAAOSwnbZYCy4j

Using wobble nuts of course!

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Will these fit: Alloy quest 2 Empty Re: Will these fit: Alloy quest 2

Post by andy pyke Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Peugeot alloys

Or these which are in my town?

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:30 pm

Why buy wheels that fit a Ford or Peugeot and several others with a PITCH CENTRE DIAMETRE OF 108MM when a Hi-jet has a PITCH CENTRE DIAMETER off 110MM. I don't understand why you would want to do that Andy.

Filing out the stud holes and fitting Wobble Nuts in my book is a complete no-no.
Only plus point is that you should be able to sell the wheels you have bought as 108mm is a very popular size.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:10 am

Wobbly nutd? Not my idea of fun... Wink
Plus they'll scrape like phuque Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by andy pyke Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:17 am

Woodie wrote:Why buy wheels that fit a Ford or Peugeot and several others with a PITCH CENTRE DIAMETRE OF 108MM when a Hi-jet  has a PITCH CENTRE DIAMETER  off 110MM.  I don't understand why you would want to do that Andy.

Filing out the stud holes and fitting Wobble Nuts in my book is a complete no-no.
Only plus point is that you should be able to sell the wheels you have bought as 108mm is a very popular size.

These are not the ones I bought...just ones I was looking at as I can't track down any 110PCD alloys. I started looking at that list that Matt did years ago for alternatives using the wobble nuts.

The ones I bought were a case of mistaken identity. I had been reading about 110PCD but brain had registered 100PCD. Bought them for £30 and they're probably no use to anyone. Dohhhhhhh Sad

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:15 am

Apologies Andy for not reading your post properly. Myopic grumpy old git. But this hasn't been the best of years for me, in fact unquestionably the worst ever. Two Strokes on Easter Monday afternoon, my garage virtually destroyed by fire in July and then the same week got a Tick Bite causing Cellulitis which I had never heard of before in my life. For the past 3 mornings I have been waking up with a very high fever. 40.2 Celsius this morning. And yes Logi old friend, I have been back to the Doctors yesterday and he prescribed Fluoxacillin twice the strength of the ones I left the Hospital after my 8 day holiday there. I haven't until last Sunday driven since early September. Gayle has been playing Chauffeur for me.

Will these fit: Alloy quest 2 Dsc_0810
Will these fit: Alloy quest 2 Dsc_0811

But now I am again suffering from one of the nastiest painful afflictions I have ever had. One can only hope that 2017 will be a better one, but with Trumpititis just around the corner of 2017 I think that we will at last be in for the Biblical War of Armageddon with Trump in charge. Time will tell.

If you had bought the Peugeot/Ford 108mm Pitch Centre Diameter wheels, which weren't the prettiest of wheels, being 14" and having the 195/65/14 tyres you would have ended up with a Road Roller with very little steering lock.
I have 185/60/13 tyres on the SE wheels and the difference that they make to handling on the bends is pretty amazing - - and with no tyre rub on the chassis.
Just be patient and some wheels will turn up. I have no doubt that some kind member on here will spot some for sale and give you the heads up on them.
--

Back to top Go down

Post by singledad Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:17 am

hi woodie, that looks bloody nasty mate, hope its all clear for a few xmas bevvies and ready to fight on in the new year

singledad
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:03 am

Nice to hear from you Ron and please say hello from me to your son. I know that this is a Vehicle Forum but felt as many people as possible should know about this damn awful disease.

I have put this matter on here really as a salutary lesson that so many of us are probably completely unaware of and just how VERY SERIOUS A TICK BITE CAN BE.. most likely from off one of our Cats and even more of a chance if you have a Dog and you live in a rural area with fields or long grass. Lymes Disease is the most common reference to the effects of a Tick Bite, but Cellulitis is even worse but hardly ever mentioned..

I wasn't even aware of the Tick Bite. Didn't feel anything so quite when it was I am not sure.
On the Monday afternoon at 2pm I went across to see a neighbour who had had a hip operation and couldn't do very much at all, so I was going to cut his very high overgrown hedge for him when Gayle got back at 3pm and we were both going to attack it for him. I felt absolutely fine.
I walked back home indoors and within 5 minutes I very suddenly started uncontrollable shivering and shaking feeling hot and cold and my teeth chattering like mad. Good job I don't have dentures.

This lasted for over 2 hours, completely uncontrollable. Gayle wonderered what the hell was going on - - as did I. That night I had the most dreadful fever and sweating I have ever had in my life. Halfway through the night all the bedding and mattress and my T shirt were absolutely soaked with perspiration We had to take the mattress off and put a spare one on.

I was in bed the whole day with a very high temperature and the same thing happened the next night. Everything soaked with perspiration. Wednesday we got the Doctor out( not my usual one) and usual story :
You have got a bad virus. Take Paracrtamols to get the temperature down. The nightime fevers continued.
Sunday morning I had a small volcano on my shinbone and a ring around it like an Archery Target of blood under the skin. By evening it looked dreadful so off we went to Outpatients for a couple of hours which was pretty quick and sent home with a prescription for Fluoxacillin which Gayle got first thing Monday morning. By late afternoon it was looking really bad so phoned the surgery about 4-30 and they were completely booked. As I have done quite a bit of work for my Doctor at his beautiful house and had his personal mobile number, I sent him a WhatsApp Message and several pictures of the state of the leg. He phoned me straight back and told me to come in immediately.

As soon as he saw the skin damage he just picked up the phone and spoke to the Medical Registrar at St. Mary's and booked me in and there I stayed for 8 days. On the 6th day a Doctor doing the rounds said I don't like the look of this and called for a Colleague for a second opinion and I was told that if it didn't improve in the next couple of days they may have to amputate below the knee.

Fortunately it did start to improve. The leg gets covered in hundreds of small blisters full of yellow opaque fluid, which burst then drys out and you get the disgusting scabbing you have seen which lasts for 4 to 6 weeks. Once they come off you are left with dark red skin like a collassal birth mark. Which can take months or even years to clear.

I hope that this has shocked you all enough and I make no apologies for doing so. Cellulitis is a killer. Literally. Look it up on Google on the NHS WEBSITE about Cellulitis.

If you have Cats or Dogs it is a very sensible idea, although obviously a flaming nuisance, to comb or brush them through regularly and get some Advocate Bug Killer from the Vets.

I am as you can tell paranoid about this now, but ignore this at your peril.

Back to top Go down

Post by andy pyke Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Bloody hell!!!!!!!!

affraid affraid

Wait till I show the kids that photo!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, I'm going to get my dog disinfected

I hope you get well soon Woody Shocked

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:07 pm

These are on fleabay. They were originally offered to me at £140 I think ot was (theres my post somewhere on here) so maybe worth a call if they are not selling. I bought the SE steering wheel from the van and he was OK to deal with.
FLEABAY LINKY
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:10 pm

Was trying to think of a witty reply but fuck me gently that looks bad, fingers crossed things start getting a bit better for you soon.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:13 pm

Raggy wrote:These are on fleabay. They were originally offered to me at £140 I think ot was (theres my post somewhere on here) so maybe worth a call if they are not selling. I bought the SE steering wheel from the van and he was OK to deal with.
FLEABAY LINKY

Problem with Hijets is tightcuntitis, nobody's going to splash out loads on parts for one Wink

They're worth buying if you think it's a good deal or there's bugger all else, I enquired about new ones but nobody's spending 4-500 on wheels for a Jet
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by andy pyke Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:24 pm

Raggy wrote:These are on fleabay. They were originally offered to me at £140 I think ot was (theres my post somewhere on here) so maybe worth a call if they are not selling. I bought the SE steering wheel from the van and he was OK to deal with.
FLEABAY LINKY

I went to get these a couple of weeks ago but they were wrecked.He wanted £30 per whee for 5 wheelsl. He also had a petrol tank for me but that turned out to be riddled with holes. The wheels were really scabby and would have needed a full refurb. As Logi says.....too tight!

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Ah! Remember you saying you looked at some, didnt realise they were same wheels. Think Logi said Ford Ka are 108pcd but dont know how they compare with offset or centre bore?
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:18 pm

Andy, 100mm Pitch Circle Diameter is a very common size used in England by British Leyland, Vauxhall and many other English and foreign makes.

Go to www.wheelfitment.eu and you can see what cars your £30 wheels will fit. You will need to measure the centre location hole

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:14 am

Don't know if it is a good idea to show your children the pictures of my hideous infection. It might give them nightmares. Mind you show any Forum Member a picture of a rusty Hi-Jet with a known Medical History of Head Problems and they may well end up in the local Mental Health Care Unit. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by andy pyke Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:56 am

Back at the subject of wheels I thought I'd at least get myself some wheel trims in the meantime. Everyone here talks about the wheels being 13". Just checked mine and they are 12"! Is it just me??

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:21 am

andy pyke wrote:Back at the subject of wheels I thought I'd at least get myself some wheel trims in the meantime. Everyone here talks about the wheels being 13". Just checked mine and they are 12"!  Is it just me??

Ha ha, you've got tiny wheels, do you feel inadequate? Wink

Standard wheels are 12", most alloys available are 13's, keep looking, a set will turn up eventually Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:22 am

You aren't loosing the plot Andy. All the vans and half ton Pickups are on 12" steel rims. The 993cc SE had 13" alloys and the one ton Pickups had I believe 14" rims. Some had single rear wheels ( one each side before Logi starts on about Un-Reliant Robins or the New Christy Minstrels 1965 song of Three Wheels on my wagon, which even he wouldn't remember when it came out ).
The other version of the One Tonner had 4 14" back wheels.
D1noh is the expert on the One Tonner variants.

Back to top Go down

Post by andy pyke Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:08 am

Logi wrote:
andy pyke wrote:Back at the subject of wheels I thought I'd at least get myself some wheel trims in the meantime. Everyone here talks about the wheels being 13". Just checked mine and they are 12"!  Is it just me??

Ha ha, you've got tiny wheels, do you feel inadequate?  Wink

Standard wheels are 12", most alloys available are 13's, keep looking,  a set will turn up eventually Smile

0]]It's not the first time I've turned out to be an inch smaller than I thought I was...[/i]

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by ex-whitevanman Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:14 am

just reading through this, that leg lots bloody painful and all due to a tick! take my dog out in long grass and forests etc and always give him a good brush when we get back, friend of mine had a tick once from walking his dogs, the little critter was literally burrowing into him and was hard work to remove. back on the subject of this thread i am having trouble getting 12 inch tyres for my van and was thinking of changing over to 13 inch wheels, don't really want alloys as it makes it more attractive to the light fingered members of society, has anyone gone down this route and if so what other manufacturers 13 inch rims would fit the stud pattern and center diameter on a 2007 piaggio? thanks in advance.......
ex-whitevanman
ex-whitevanman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:50 am

I have looked on my Wheel PCD ( Pitch Circle Diameter) App and the only steel wheels with 4X110 PCD are all 12" and they are DAIHATSU MOVE, CUORE , (early) and Hi-Jet. All the rest of the Daihatsu range use 4X100 PCD.

I am sure that other members have said that early Mazda MX 5 had 4X110 but my chart is not showing that and they would be 14". Somebody might know on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:33 am

Perodua Nippa. They may be 12" tho?
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:36 am

Mazda RX7 wheels ( four stud) but not MX5 AFAIK?
And what about the alloys I posted. No bugger will nick hijet wheels as they fit bugger all else Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:53 am

Already checked them. 83 to 86 were 4 stud but 114.3mm. After 86 went to 5stud as you rightly implied.
But Nick wants 13" steels so they aren't Nicked and better tyre choices. But I didn't find any 13" steels listed with 110mm pcd

Back to top Go down

Post by ex-whitevanman Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:30 am

had a search myself now i know what i'm looking for pcd, etc and found charade upto 2000 are the same and cuore to 1998 will fit and fitted with 13's so just need to keep a lookout in the breakers. in london if it is shiney and alloy some pleb will try to nick it, hence the steel wheels!
ex-whitevanman
ex-whitevanman

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:32 am

Early RX7 is 110, ask Matt, he has a set Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:40 am

Avantazzo wheels, nobody's nicked them
Will these fit: Alloy quest 2 Sooooo10
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:42 pm

According to my info Charade and Cuore are 4X100 and as I have got 3 different sets of Genuine Daihatsu Alloys with 110pcd I reckon that the Site has made a big typo error.

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Logi wrote:Avantazzo wheels, nobody's nicked them
Hang on - I'm sure I remember you saying they were a steal! Very Happy

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down