Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retracting brake pistons with callipers in situ

2 posters

Go down

Retracting brake pistons with callipers in situ Empty Retracting brake pistons with callipers in situ

Post by stevelav Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:32 pm

Hi, As my Hijet failed MOT with one partly stuck on front brake and overall too low efficiency I've been messing about them trying to retract the pistons and getting more movement in the brakes.

I figure if I can retract the brake pistons a few times and get the calipers moving about on their mounts then I can get a little grease in and generally have things working more smoothly.

With a g clamp on the inside edge of the caliper to the back of the outer brake pad I have retracted the piston a few mm and loosened things up a bit but I'd really like to fully retract the piston.

Anyone managed to do this with the calliper in situ?

Thnaks
stevelav
stevelav
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Retracting brake pistons with callipers in situ Empty Re: Retracting brake pistons with callipers in situ

Post by dennispenis Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:43 am

If its anything like mine the sliders will be gummed up just take the 2 bolts out smash them out clean em up bit of lube and back together ,Bish bosh
dennispenis
dennispenis
Centurion

Back to top Go down