Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ERNIE The Fastest Milkcart in the West. Very, very sadly selling him....

4 posters

Go down

ERNIE The Fastest Milkcart in the West. Very, very sadly selling him.... Empty ERNIE The Fastest Milkcart in the West. Very, very sadly selling him....

Post by andyk Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:04 pm

My, no to be fair, our beloved Hijet Romahome is for sale cos we aren't using him as much as he deserves owing to family commitments and stuff. Truly saddened by this but our Ernie needs to be set free, so he's gone on ebay. I'd post links, pictures etc but I'm a bit clueless about all that bobbins. You'll find him alright if you're curious, he's got a blue cab and ERNIE upholstery. If anyone knows of a good home....? Sob. Never ever been this attached to a lump of metal before !! Bah get a grip. Sad

andyk
Clubman

Back to top Go down

ERNIE The Fastest Milkcart in the West. Very, very sadly selling him.... Empty Re: ERNIE The Fastest Milkcart in the West. Very, very sadly selling him....

Post by PFM Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:17 pm

Can you not cut-and-paste the ebay link? More info needed!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

ERNIE The Fastest Milkcart in the West. Very, very sadly selling him.... Empty Re: ERNIE The Fastest Milkcart in the West. Very, very sadly selling him....

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:18 am

PFM wrote:Can you not cut-and-paste the ebay link? More info needed!

It would seem not !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/daihatsu-hijet-romahome-camper-/111965392375?hash=item1a11a84df7:g:bRsAAOSwSzdXCpuM

Although I'm pretty sure this Ernie is the second fastest milk float in the west.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by andyk Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:15 am

Ah there he is, thanks.

andyk
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:56 am

To be pedantic, according to the song Ernie drove the fastest milkfloat in the West. TBH I can't see yours being that quick Andy, not with the Romahome on anyway.

Looks a tidy wee van though, and selling at the right time of year for the camperlouts. Have to say I think £4k a tad optimistic, but good luck!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:54 am

It is the Mk5 body which is much more sought after PFM,  the last Mk they made.  I delivered the very last one in 2003 to a lady  living near Croydon.. 

If the body is free from damage and the inside Fibreglass in excellent condition then I can see it making £3,500. It is a buyers market and if a couple of  people  fall in love with it then who knows what it will make. 

My own 04 plate is amazingly quick despite sporting a Romahome body on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by andyk Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:05 am

Aye 4 grand may be slightly wishful thinking but as Woody says these little fellas sometimes have that love factor. A random bit of luck and timing can make a lot of difference...but the driveway's going to look so empty without him!

andyk
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:47 am

But yours isn't a Milk Float - yet Matt. Mind you with that lump in it, it would soon turn the milk to cream.

Back to top Go down

Post by andyk Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:19 pm

Well hes going to a lovely couple from Otley who already have a hijet van and so a good idea what they're on about. Ernie gives em that extra living room they will appreciate and, in the end it's someone exactly like that we'd rather pass him on to. Sad day and heavy heart but ... sometimes you have to let a loved one go. Will miss him. Bah ! I'll be back one day . . .

andyk
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:57 am

Sad
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by andyk Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:42 pm

£ 3700 so not far out Woody...

andyk
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by andyk Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:54 pm

Well he's gone and I was gutted to see him being driven away but it's for the best. A massive THANKS to everybody on the forum, not just for the helpful advice but also for the regular chuckles! Will look in on you all now and again. Wish you all well..... Andyk

andyk
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down