Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hijets still recognised by dealers

4 posters

Go down

Hijets still recognised by dealers Empty Hijets still recognised by dealers

Post by stuartc Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:16 pm

I'm just about to embark in the ownership of a Hijet again (1.3 this time), looking for a 6 seater, problem I live in Northern ireland and I have only found one main dealer. Spoke to the service department, who were helpful in that if the part was in England it would be there next day anything would come from japan (2-3 weeks). Since Daihatsu stopped bringing cars in have dealers started to drop there interest in back service, somewhere on the net I read that some dealers are not interested in the hijet. If someone can reply to my query, I'm looked upon as being odd as this would be my 3rd hijet and would beused to tow a small teardrop caravan that I have.

stuartc

Back to top Go down

Hijets still recognised by dealers Empty Re: Hijets still recognised by dealers

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:08 pm

Join the club Stuart. I have owned Hi-Jets for 13 years now and have lost count of the ones I have used personally and well into the hundreds, the ones that I have dismantled.
I am 65 and I could have a nice comfortable family saloon or a sports car of some description, but I much prefer to drive various Hi-Jets I own. My friends think I am mad too, but do I care?? Not one jot. Mad very definitely. Different, most definitely.
If you love your Hi-Jets, then stick with them through thick and thin. When you get your next one, name it Marmite, coz you will love it AND hate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuartc Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Cheers woodie, yep like you I prefer out the ordinary, moved to northern ireland I had an mg ztt & caravan, I arrived 3 days later in a vw van (car & van written off on m6) and bought a fiat qubo and now have a fiat 500 which I tow the t/drop with. Need a project and a hijet would fit the bill, just worried about dealers not being helpfull, like the name marmite though.

stuartc

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Are dealers of any brand ever helpful or actual useful?
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:03 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:Are dealers of any brand ever helpful or actual useful?

Yes, Ducati Glasgow, needed new belts when I bought the Ducati, decided on gen parts. Totally expected wank city, absolutely dumbfounded to find the most helpful and friendly service I've ever had.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by wrightgeordie Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:48 pm

I live in Co Armagh Stewart, I got my Jet in Scotland last November as a rolling project and I've been kept busy with it since, its unusual and always gets plenty of smiles. My granddaughter insists that I park it around the corner when picking her up from school but I know she likes it really. Have to say it's easier to find hen's teeth in the Province than it is to get parts, anything other than the usual service items are either impossible to get or massively over priced.
Maybe an Ulster Branch could be on the cards.
wrightgeordie
wrightgeordie
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down