Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling weenybago (on hold for now, I'm painting!)

+2
Logi
PFM
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Selling weenybago  (on hold for now, I'm painting!)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling weenybago (on hold for now, I'm painting!)

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:45 pm

Well I think the garages did you a favour getting rid of those piles of pooh then.

I have two friends who have had them and they were constantly breaking down and were like Hi-Jets, costly on spares. The both lost loads of money on them and were glad to see the back of them.

Back to top Go down

Selling weenybago  (on hold for now, I'm painting!)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Selling weenybago (on hold for now, I'm painting!)

Post by elfin girl Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:27 pm

Logi wrote:The steering shouldn't be that heavy, what's your tyre pressures? And have your nipples been well greased..... ? affraid

Tyre pressure regularly(ish) checked, my nipples?? ....
Well, they are clean, I had a bath yesterday ..
Ahhhhh ... Um, in the stearing column?? Don't know, are they easy to find?
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:56 pm

I have a small sports steering wheel on mine, no issues turning the wheel. There's a grease nipple on the centre pivot of the steering assembly, jack it up a bit and pump grease in, keep turning the wheel.

Any issues with any other nipples, give me a shout..... Razz

And what pressure are the tyres???
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:08 pm

Even though you bolt on the light cover, if you bend down while driving and get your hand down there, you find the air gets round the end without the screw fixing - thus the plastic bottle wedging trick.

Also I shoved alot of car washing sponges under the dashboard to help too.

After these modifications, I at last had a non frozen right foot/ankle.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:41 pm

I usually do Tyre pressure at 30 front 36 rear
I'll find something to wedge on the covers then and see how that goes, dont think I could reach down while driving, my arms arnt long enough and the seat is so far forward so I can reach the pedals I'd probably head butt the stearing wheel!!

So , greasing the nipple .... Do I need special equipment for that? Question Exclamation
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:00 am

Just a grease gun, ( too early for nipple jokes)
Need to be sure it's going in, easy for them to block, jack it up a bit on the crossmember and turn the wheel back and forth.
Try 33 in the front tyres?
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:19 pm

I go even harder.

Like 38/40 up front and 45 on the back.

But each to their own.

I like a slippery rear.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2