Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling weenybago (on hold for now, I'm painting!)

+2
Logi
PFM
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Selling weenybago  (on hold for now, I'm painting!)  Empty Selling weenybago (on hold for now, I'm painting!)

Post by elfin girl Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:11 pm

So, I've decided to just sell the van, I don't have the strength or the energy to even sort the thermostat!
I've never had to sell a vehicle before so don't even know what I'm supposed to ask for it! (Normally somebody incapable of using their brakes crashes Into me and the insurances disposes of it!)
If anybody is interested I'll get some up to date pictures,

It a 1.3 1999

Bad points
It's very tatty! (I'm giving it a spruce up, it's actually not as tatty as I thought!)
Dodgy paint job
Rear wheel arches rusting
Needs at least a new thermostat fitting (this has been sorted)
One tyre has worn on out side
Near side sliding door needs sorting, opens but stiff (never opened offside so no idea about that one)
Exhaust has small hole, I think this is where I patched it up last year I'd noticed the "bandage" was crumbling off recently

Good points
Mot till Jan next year.
Has good wing mirrors
Still has original working sliding door handles
Three tyres are good
It starts, and sounds good, drives round town fine doing multiple trips (testing soon to check it still drives distance)

Mileage, this will go up a bit as I'm still using it

Selling weenybago  (on hold for now, I'm painting!)  Image13

I'll up date this as I think of things and keep you updated on how its working over next couple of days

Last edited by elfin girl on Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:07 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding info)
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Selling weenybago  (on hold for now, I'm painting!)  Empty Re: Selling weenybago (on hold for now, I'm painting!)

Post by elfin girl Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:23 pm

Super good news today, had a friend round to help fiddle with a few bits (I forgot about the extra pipe I'd put in for bleeding cooling system but it works best with two people) got van up to temp and thermostat opened ... Hallelujah cheers also, still no sighn of bubbles being purged into expansion tank. Next test, a longer drive, hopefully if it doesn't snow I'll get time tomorrow
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Selling weenybago  (on hold for now, I'm painting!)  Empty Re: Selling weenybago (on hold for now, I'm painting!)

Post by elfin girl Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:21 pm

Driven it round and about today, about 15 miles or so, stop starting, leaving it running, stretch down the dual carriageway, all good.
Took some pics... I think maybe I should give it a wash! I need to clean up in the wheel arches so I can get good pics of them

Selling weenybago  (on hold for now, I'm painting!)  Image12

Selling weenybago  (on hold for now, I'm painting!)  Image10
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:03 am

elfin girl wrote:Super good news today, had a friend round to help fiddle with a few bits

Wish I had a friend like that........ Twisted Evil
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:42 am

Laughing Laughing unfortunately they arnt that good a friend, and married to my cousin sooo...
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:24 pm

Well.....it's a rare colour for a Hijet!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:28 pm

PFM wrote:Well.....it's a rare colour for a Hijet!

Haha, I could use that to add on a bit of extra ££ Laughing I was going to refresh the paint a bit this year with some black, I've got the lurgy now so probably won't get wheel arches cleaned till next week, realised I havnt put mileage on either! Feel free to point out info buyers would like, I'm using this to gather all the info together to do a proper advert
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by stuartc Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:20 pm

How much were you thinking of asking and what does the inside look like, I'm visiting family on the 27th of this month in harlow, if still available would like to view.

stuartc

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:21 pm

Hi stuartc just need to clear last bits of my junk out of the van then I'll get some pictures done.
Price is my failing, I'm not very good at pricing anything, I was offered £500 for it not working last month so I suppose I'll start there!
I want to be sure it's working ok though so will try and get it out for longer this weekend.
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:20 pm

Clean it, thoroughly. If you look like you don't give a toss about the van the buyer will offer low, or walk. Nothing sets alarm bells ringing like a manky vehicle. Basically if you can't be arsed cleaning it for sale what else did you not bother with? You want to minimise the negative issues, someone's come to see it, their first impression has to be positive. Why do you think garages employ valeters?
Then fix ANY wee issues that are easy to fix. " it only needs such and such, it's a couple of quid on Ebay " brings the question, why not fix it?
If you smoke, don't in it any more. If you have dogs keep them out, non smokers will smell fags, non doggers Wink will know you're dogging Smile
Price is for you to decide, look at EBay sold prices, anyone can ask whatever, but what gets paid is more realistic.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:34 pm

Thanks logi, yes, your totaly right about cleaning! It does need a good spruce up, I'd rather not sell it as I do love my van but realistically I need to look after my own health.
Hopefully the weather will be on my side this weekend and the weenybago will be gleaming by the end Cool
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:01 pm

Been hunting out my paperwork... So I have MOTs dating back to 2006 .... Can't find the bleeding log book Rolling Eyes
I do have log books for a bike that's in bits in the bedroom, a bike and a scooter that were stolen some years ago and a car that was written off before I bought the van....

Sorted, found it, and other paperwork to go with the van.
Wheel arches been cleaned, now it's peeing down so won't get any decent pics till it dries off. Can't get the Hoover out in this weather either so inside pics to follow ASAP

The more I'm cleaning the more I'm wanting to keep it Laughing I must remain strong!!!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Some internal pics, mats and bits of carpet that cover then back of engine and wheel arches are being washed but will go back in
The pics of the wheel arches were rubbish so need to take them again!

Selling weenybago  (on hold for now, I'm painting!)  Image14
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by stuartc Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:04 pm

Many thanks, I'm looking at using it to tow my teardrop, would need some seats and windows , where in Hoddesdon are you, use to live in cheshunt a couple of years ago till moving. Vaguely remember seeing your van about (colour of it). If you don't want to put your address on here, does the site have facility to e-mail members, if not I'll send you my e-mail address.

stuartc

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:11 pm

You can private message on here, just click the icon with PM on it under the users picture at the side of their message.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:35 pm

stuartc wrote:Many thanks, I'm looking at using it to tow my teardrop, would need some seats and windows , where in Hoddesdon are you, use to live in cheshunt a couple of years ago till moving. Vaguely remember seeing your van about (colour of it). If you don't want to put your address on here, does the site have facility to e-mail members, if not I'll send you my e-mail address.

Sent you a message Smile
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:35 pm

You will all ba shocked to learn that weenybago got a wash over the weekend affraid
There are some shiny bits! I also found a couple of cans of spray paint and as I had been intending on doing a bit of painting I made a start on the wheel arches, looks neater but totaly forgot again to take pictures of inside rear arches, I'll try and do that in a mo.
I'm gonna miss this little dude, shame I've not got more time as wanted to sand and paint the back door
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:59 am

Hopefully the guy that comes to buy it has a Labrador, a stick and some dark glasses Wink
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:07 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:Hopefully the guy that comes to buy it has a Labrador, a stick and some dark glasses Wink

OI !! Hahaha, the green paint job by the previous owner does let it down a tad now, but I like it! Under that is a gleaming white van though Laughing
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:37 am

Stuart couldn't make it on Saturday so I still have the van .... I'm having second thoughts now though Surprised damn it! How do I make it so my legs don't freeze on a long journey and so the stearing doesn't put my stupid kneck out ?!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:23 am

Do you not get heat out of the bottom vents. My Van cooks my feet and usually end up directing back up to the screen vents.

Have you checked out the headlight covers for airtightness? Any air getting through there, particularly at speed will freeze your legs.
No easy answer to the steering problem. I run my front tyres at around 35 ppsi and with a load on, as much as 40 ppsi. But they are 8ply commercial van tyres. It certainly makes the steering lighter but a firmer ride but you need to allow a bit more for braking distance lest you lock the wheels up.

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:58 am

Woodie wrote:Do you not get heat out of the bottom vents. My Van cooks my feet and usually end up directing back up to the screen vents.

Have you checked out the headlight covers for airtightness?  Any air getting through there, particularly at speed will freeze your legs.
No easy answer to the steering problem. I run my front tyres at around 35 ppsi and with a load on,  as much as 40 ppsi. But they are 8ply commercial van tyres. It certainly makes the steering lighter but a firmer ride  but you need to allow a bit more for braking distance lest you lock the wheels up.

I get plenty of warm air out bottom vents but once I'm on a motorway at night or cooler days it's not enough to combat the draught, (unless I stick to 40mph which on a 300 mile trip is not going to happen!) there is silicone sealer round the headlights (previous owners job) and I've wedged a sponge under the stearing column area which reduced cold air a bit.
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:10 pm

An alternative? Click Here
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:32 pm

Raggy wrote:An alternative? Click Here

Haha, yep, I have thermals, and a blanket Very Happy and now considering taking the hot water bottle too, but that won't last the whole journey
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:47 pm

Very Happy Sure someone could sort out a way to pipe the hot water to the seat etc, sure help with cooling!
Cant have you leaving the forum, spent too long reading your threads on how you sorted your van out, inspired me to have a go!
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:23 pm

Head light cover on drivers side will be where your draft is.

If you wedge it in tight with a plastic coke bottle or something it works wonders.

Same on the passenger side.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:08 pm

Gerbings heated motorcycle clothing -plug in and toast? Wink

As said, most likely headlamp covers, if your bolts still work try some stick on draught excluder foam on the face and reattach. Bit fiddly but you're a crafty type so should be fine.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:09 pm

Just re read that, is it where the steering column comes through the floor?
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:35 pm

Ok, headlight covers were both fixed very well, no gaps visible, passenger side is not now as bolt sheared off when I need to change a bulb, it's on my to do list to fix back on and yes, the draught from that is at the moment unbareable!
The sponge in the stearing column is kinda shoved up behind the plastic, about shin/knee hight.
It feels like the draught is coming from between ankle/shin hight, I just though this was normal as others had mentioned it before
And I don't really want to sell and not have a hijet, but it hurts to drive it, I'm gutted
However I don't think destiny wants me to get another van, I had two Doblos to look at today and before I could even get to the garages got phonecalls to say they had been sold!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:41 pm

The steering shouldn't be that heavy, what's your tyre pressures? And have your nipples been well greased..... ? affraid
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next