Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, good, evening and ........sorry showing my age.

2 posters

Go down

Hello, good, evening and ........sorry showing my age.  Empty Hello, good, evening and ........sorry showing my age.

Post by Stevem Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:07 am

Have just purchased a Porter Pickup and drove it down to Cornwall (Camborne) from Birmingham last Saturday. Lovely little motor with 10000 miles, drove like a dream.
Hate to start my adventure on this forum with a question but: Is there a Tornneau cover available for these pickups?
All the best
SteveM

Stevem

Back to top Go down

Hello, good, evening and ........sorry showing my age.  Empty Re: Hello, good, evening and ........sorry showing my age.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:43 am

Well you hope that it is not going to be a ToRnneau Cover. Tonneau Cover would be better.
I have had several Tonneau's, inherited one which lasted nearly 10 years of dreadful abuse and misuse and have had a couple made by a local Upholstery and Tent Making firm. Have a look in your Yellow Pages or online.
Mind you I am sure that at least one of our kindly members will know of a source for you.

Back to top Go down

Hello, good, evening and ........sorry showing my age.  Empty Re: Hello, good, evening and ........sorry showing my age.

Post by Stevem Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:57 am

Fat finger syndrome strikes again.
Thanks for your quick reply, will take your advise and look around , unless anyone knows of a better source?
Steve

Stevem

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi Steven, welcome to the forum. I used to have the Cornish Miner Cake in Camborne, in the front of Tesco's, is it still there?
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevem Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:11 pm

Trying to think were you mean, Tescos are on the old Holman site now with a horrid housing development covering the remnants. I seem to remember Tesco was in the centre many years ago? Hate shopping so was deleted from memory

Stevem

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Tesco's was at the bottom end of the high street, don't know how old you are but the site was the old school of mining. It was behind the high street.
I mean Trelowarren St, it looks like Argos is there now.
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevem Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:09 am

Yes Argos is there now with a Pounshop next door, school of mines is now part of Falmouth Uni. The town has changed dramatically over the 45 years I have lived here and long gone is all the industry, Compair, Holmans, Teagles, shops have gone too. Tyacks and Rices is now an Aldi and the skating ring a Wetherspoons. I think the Cornish Miner is now either a sun tan parlour or an Indian takeaway.

Stevem

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Had a look on Google, it shows a USA Chicken takeaway, that where the Cornish Miner was, the tan parlour was a wet fish shop, I see Millers Estate Agent is still on the corner. Compair was closing when I left there.
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down