Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HiJet / Porter Van tailgate catch mechanism

2 posters

Go down

HiJet / Porter Van tailgate catch mechanism Empty HiJet / Porter Van tailgate catch mechanism

Post by Capitano Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:00 am

I really don't know the technical name for the part I want. A pictorial parts list would help but sadly I haven't got one.

The part I'm after is the catch mechanism at the bottom of the tailgate that keeps the tailgate closed.

Because my tailgate was slightly out of alignment for about a year mine has worn to the point of non-functioning....almost.

If anyone has one or knows where I can get one sharpish I'd be grateful for any advice or offers. I'm willing to pay of course, just let me know what it's worth to supply and post it if you have one.

Cheers!
Very Happy

Capitano

Back to top Go down

HiJet / Porter Van tailgate catch mechanism Empty Re: HiJet / Porter Van tailgate catch mechanism

Post by rich the mechanic Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:23 pm

I may have one which would be outside in the trailer so will have to wait till the weekend when I have daylight cost would be post plus a bit for packing and the missus going to the post office I know there is some lock/catch assemblies but without checking I cant remember if they are for the doors or boot.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

HiJet / Porter Van tailgate catch mechanism Empty Re: HiJet / Porter Van tailgate catch mechanism

Post by Capitano Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks, Geezer.

I may have one on the way but I won't know till I get a reply, hopefully tomorrow.

Capitano

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:04 pm

ok no probs I know that I have the barrel minus key for the boot just let me know if you need me to look like I just need a bit of daylight to have a rummage.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down