Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1.2 diesel hijet engine

2 posters

Go down

1.2 diesel hijet engine  Empty 1.2 diesel hijet engine

Post by Victor23 Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:19 am

Just found this site . I am looking for a Diesel 1.2 hijet engine that's running . Thank you for your time

Victor23

Back to top Go down

1.2 diesel hijet engine  Empty Re: 1.2 diesel hijet engine

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:40 am

Thank you for your time.?? Careful chaps. I exchanged 31 emails and 5 pictures of one of two engines(£175) I have out ready to go. That was with Victor over the period of a week and he drove me Potty so in the end late on Friday night I said " forget it". I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle.

Don't get me wrong. He seems a very polite and honest chap so I wouldn't be worried there at all, but I reached breaking point late Friday night with all the fussing around.
Most of you know what I am like. I will put up with so much then that's it. 31 emails was enough. Forget it. I don't need the money and much less the hassle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor23 Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:29 am

I am sorry to read this especially as I had left a couple of phone  messages after our initial introduction via text . The numerous Texts were in response to Woody advising me he had problems with his phone lines and no signal even to the effect he had to text his wife as he could not get through . I was only requesting some basic questions based on the inability to discuss the matter on the phone and the distance involved .   Woody had kindly offered to palletise the item , I did not request this , woody also kindly offered to meet me at the ferry , I did not request this . These were all texts that I responded too . I am not a dealer at all I am just looking for a 1.2 diesel engine that's all . I have to base information received on the fact the engine is what is being said . I am not knowledgeable on mechanics , so the information is based on trust of discussion . We couldn't get to talk . Woody advised that he was busy and dictated by weather so I offered to fit in with his schedule . I am not a Daihatsu expert  , I just need to replace my cracked head or block engine with another . I said I would come to collect on Friday , that I didn't need it cleaned or palletised . This was all offered by Woody . He was texting some fascinating stuff of things being done . All I wanted to do was buy an engine . That is why I do not like to text in these situations as I believe it actually wastes more time than it saves . Phoning is the only way . All I wanted to do was to fit in with what sounded like a very busy schedule for woody especially as he was doing a lot of roofing that was weather dependant . How could I dictate when woody was going to be doing roofs .

I am sure that Woody is the font of all knowledge on Hijets and has a great following but I do find that the remarks were uncalled for . So if anyone has an engine they wish to sell please either pass me your number or you can have mine and we can talk about it . Its that simple no hassle . I can drive down to Dorset , the Isle Of Wight ,  If its a runner , pick it up pay the person the money , you don't even need to lift a finger , . I just need  a bit of history to confirm it is what you say it is and it has been running with no issues  .  Kind Regards To all and I thank you for your diplomacy in this matter .

I still need an engine if any one can help 07774257123

Victor23

Back to top Go down

1.2 diesel hijet engine  Empty 1.2 diesel found

Post by Victor23 Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:32 pm

Just wanted to say thank you to all the help and advice of where to look from other members , brilliant for someone who relies on others generosity and time to give help .

Massive thanks to both Paul and Nigel as I now have my engine and couldn't be happier with a swift and painless transaction . Video was provided and very grateful to the time they put in due to the mileage involved . Also various pictures also helped the purchase . Thanks again greatly appreciated

Victor

Victor23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:17 pm

I am GENUINELY pleased that you have got your Tractor sorted.
As it has worked out we are both well pleased as I have sold the engine for another £60 and the other lower mileage,
(73,000 miles) lower emissions engine for £325 so that's both of us very happy.
I don't think that I was rude about you and if you feel I was then I apologise to you unreservedly.
I don't want bad feelings but as you realised yourself Customers need my services more than I need them.
I only got into this in my spare time to help Forum members, which I still do in my own time when I can fit it in with my other work.
I don't think that there are very many disgruntled Forum members other than at times I just can't always fit everything in and on occasions do forget about a request and do need a reminder call or email or text.
I try to take on too much, and getting forgetful in my old Age.
. Then on occasions as was the case with you I just say "get lost" and that's an end to it.
But anyway I hope you are the forgiving sort like me and accept my apologies and I know it's unlikely that you will need Daihatsu bits as the engine is in your mini tractor, but I will gladly help if you need bits I may have. Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor23 Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:35 pm

Hiya Woody, No you definitely weren't rude , it was just the Forum note you posted I thought was totally unnecessary as it implied I was wasting your time and it  would not have given anyone else confidence in dealing with me . I was only ever trying to fit in with your busy and weather bound schedual and then the issue with mother in law , I couldn't feel that I should push you to collect engine as it was clearly a concern for you .

Anyway the Isle of Wight is still me Mrs favourite place so if we get down I will hopefully pop and say hello , still appreciate all the pics you did send as they did help to know I was looking at the same engine .  As far as the bits that's good to know . Well you never know I might get a taste for the wee beasties especially if I get to know my way around the engine !!!! Just need to try and get crank bolt off now to change timing belt before I put it back in , its being difficult .

Anyway thanks again and |I hope your family thing is ok and you got the roofs done . Cheers for now Victor

Victor23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Thank you Victor. Appreciate your understanding. It was out of order my comment and I make no excuses for it.

Just promise me one thing though. If you do buy a Hi-Jet - - DONT BUY A B - - - - - DIESEL. I never swear on Forums or anything in the public domain as everyone on here will tell you. But the two words Daihatsu and Lombardini is enough to make me swear.
Get yourself a 1300 16v - double the power and more economical. Great Wee Beasties as you so aptly wrote. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Swarfing Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:37 pm

Pack it in you two, just can't stand all this man love in the air.......It makes me wanna cry Sad

Swarfing
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:42 pm

Have a good cry then. There's enough Politics everywhere you look at the moment to make any grown man cry.

Me? I'm watching NCIS. Now go back to sleep .

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor23 Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:55 pm

Looks like we might start our own little fan club . At least we can be honest and move on . I must admit I only new about Lombardini until a chance reading of an article saying that they were also Daihatsu and in Hijets and that's where you got all the questions . Yes the diesel certainly seem to be having a rough time of it in Hijets so I do see where your headed with that one . I think I like the other comments you were making about others putting BMW engines and motorbike engines if my memory serves me right . I just needed to keep the diesel for simplicity of fitting , nothing to change and I can run the cutter on red diesel . When I get it sorted I will send you a picture . Excellent for watching NCSI, a good series ,

Victor23

Back to top Go down

Post by Swarfing Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:27 pm

If i could get my hands on a decent engine (other than bike engine), would be an Alfa Sprint engine. I had a Sprint Clover many years ago and the engine was fantastic for tuning. Its a flat twin so will sit low in the Hijet.

Swarfing
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:50 am

I 100% agree with you there. I had a lovely Gunmetal Grey 1.7 Green Cloverleaf Alfa 33. What a gorgeous car it was.

I was going to put a1500 Boxer in my Skoda Rapid 136 Coupe as it would have had a lower centre of gravity but with that cast iron block it was so heavy and at the time I had three Alfa Twincam Engines, a 1600 and two 1800 lumps (both of which I still have and the adaptor kit I made to go on the Skoda bellhousing) so I ended up putting an 1800 120bhp in the back. It was only about 40lbs heavier than the Skoda 1300 lump but with all alloy construction and Steel Crank and Sodium filled exhaust valves was a pretty advanced lump for the time.
It was really quick and I had lowered it 3" and gave it a lot more negi-camber and it handled like it was on rails.
Untill the rear broke away then it really caught you unawares. Pendulum Effect. Several times I ended up facing the direction I had come from. Great fun though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor23 Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi Woody sounds like your amassing quite a collection . I wonder if I could ask
The crank pulley . The Center nut , does that need to
Be undone to be able to get the pulley off , as I
Can't move it . I have also
Undone the 4 Allen key bolts just outside it . It still won't budge . Any suggestions . Kind regards victor

Victor23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down