Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petrol gauge Hijet EFI 1300

2 posters

Go down

Petrol gauge Hijet EFI 1300 Empty Petrol gauge Hijet EFI 1300

Post by Vincent Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I have a W reg Hijet EFI 1300 petrol. The petrol gauge fails for long periods (weeks) reading empty. Then works for a week or so. I saw an earlier post mentioning a corroded earth connection. Is this likely to be the problem and if so is the connection going to be from the tank to the chassis?

Thanks for any other advice.

Vincent

Vincent

Back to top Go down

Petrol gauge Hijet EFI 1300 Empty Re: Petrol gauge Hijet EFI 1300

Post by 8bit-ash Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:58 pm

I've seen three fuel Gauge senders. The first was a 2002 ish, the earth lead on the top of the unit was hanging on by a thread. The other two had the cap missing on them which holds the PCB in the centre of the plastic tube. Once they fall off the PCB can bend to one side and the float can fall off or get stuck.
Only option you've got is to drop the tank and have a look.
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Thank you 8bit-ash. Earlier this year I did cut a hole in the floor hoping to get the sender off without dropping the tank. But due to a cross member I couldn't get the hole quite over the sender. The sender wire seemed impossible to remove.

So, I assume the earth wire should be attached to one of the sender mounting screws?? I will unseal my hole again and check. The fault is not permanent. It lasts for a few weeks and then the gauge works again for days or weeks!! I did not realise there was a PCB inside the sender unit. If all else fails I will drop the tank. Thanks again.

Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-ash Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Only took me about 20 mins to get the sender out, you just have to be carefull not to lower the tank too far or some of the fuel lines pull off. They were a bit of a bugger to get back on again.
I took one off a scrapper but the wire had rotted right at the top of the sender, Its impossible to change as it goes into moulded resin and rots right where it enters.
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down