Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Igniter Units from other vehicles.

3 posters

Go down

Igniter Units from other vehicles.  Empty Igniter Units from other vehicles.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi Matt. Just a point I have picked up on in you Post about Radiator Caps in the Workshop Section - Coolant Systems.
You mention in your reply about replacement parts that about the only thing that you can't get is the Igniter Unit but they can be found on the Terios and Grand Move.

Actually the Grand Move has a distributor and leads as on the 993's and thus it doesn't have coil packs either.
For everyone's information these very expensive Igniter Units are only fitted to the, 2002/3 onwards Four Coil Pack models.

However the Extol Van that has the Toyota Yaris engine in it does have the same Igniter unit and I have checked the numbers and swopped the units over to make sure that they do work and they are indeed interchangeable.
So that obviously leads me to think that other Toyota's may well have the same unit on them besides the Yaris. Getting them from a Breaker would I expect be much cheaper and more plentiful than one for a very rare Hi-Jet.
I have done myself out of some valuable business here but I am only too pleased to be able to help fellow Forum Members out by sharing what I have learned.

Some trade secrets Matt and I do have to keep to ourselves - - - like Logi's home address!!! lol!

Back to top Go down

Igniter Units from other vehicles.  Empty Re: Igniter Units from other vehicles.

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Think the YRV has the same ignitor unit too

89621-97401
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Igniter Units from other vehicles.  Empty Re: Igniter Units from other vehicles.

Post by Logi Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Bloody good work mate, no kidding. Igniter Units from other vehicles.  Thumbs-up
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Yes it has Matt although it has the earlier chain drive Toyota lump. Cheers for that too Logi.

Back to top Go down

Post by FrontBackSide2Side Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:58 am

Nice info Woody Cool
FrontBackSide2Side
FrontBackSide2Side
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down