Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just another newbie

5 posters

Go down

just another newbie Empty just another newbie

Post by sputnik Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:35 pm

Hello all

Delighted to be the new owner of a '99 1.3 MPV in curiously unshiny silver! I've been after one for a while for a micro camper conversion.

I already avoided an overheating crumbling dog of a bus thanks to highlyjetted's excellent buyers guide, without which ignorance and overexciteability could have seen me saddled with a heap. Thankfully, HJ's 'thrash it then wait for the boiling water' advice was enough to make me steer clear! I am grateful.

Fast forward a few months and I've picked up a much more promising wee bus. 47k on the clock, bodywork and fixtures in surprisingly good nick and a temp gauge that I've barely seen go much past half way so far - hurray! That said, in the last fortnight I seem to have managed to spring a leak in the previously leak-free front sun roof. The well mannered start-up is turning into a banshee screech of slipping fan belt. Oh, and the rear windows mechanisms that i thought seemed ok could do with... well, certainly more than just the blast of silicone lube that I hoped would do the job. Nonetheless, I am loving zooming about in it, as are the younger kids and wife ( oldest son just looks horrified, as do the neighbours Twisted Evil )

Anyway, I am relatively mechanically inept although being a tightwad means i am a have a go hero with the basics on my motorcycle and other cars with varying degrees of success. And I have no carpentry skills whatsoever so the conversion should prove interesting to say the least, but hey, that's the idea of a project, right?

Anyway, enough rambling. Great forum with loads of useful info - thanks one and all. I look forward to being in the gang and to pestering you with my banal queries. Haven't seen many around central Scotland but if I see you I'll be sure to wave!

sputnik
Centurion

Back to top Go down

just another newbie Empty Re: just another newbie

Post by Roger D Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:59 am

Welcome Sputnick. Mechanically inept but a 'have a go hero'. Typical HiJet owner - join the club!
Roger D
Roger D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:22 am

welcome sputnik Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:29 am

Welcome. Another Scots tightwad? You'll be right at home Very Happy

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:25 pm

PFM wrote:Welcome. Another Scots tightwad? You'll be right at home Very Happy

OI!!!!!!!!!!! Sad

Welcome along Very Happy
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Logi wrote:
PFM wrote:Welcome. Another Scots tightwad? You'll be right at home Very Happy

OI!!!!!!!!!!! Sad

Welcome along Very Happy

OI!!!!!!!OI!!!!!!! I second that.

welcome to the club
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:06 am

Welcome Sputnik. I just hope that your "Jet" doesn't go the same way as your Russian namesake and ends up dead "taking up Space," Junk.
Still, at least your Sputnik didn't cost you as much as its original counterpart.

Take no notice of the comments about Logi. He isn't a Scots Tightwad .

He loves spending money --on himself. It is said that he hasn't bought his wife any new clothes since 1958 and that all her clothes come from Oxfam. All we know is that he is called the McStig.
TightwaTightTiTightwaTightwaTightTightwaTightwaTig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down