Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a few cables needed, amongst other things

+2
HighlyJetted
johnnyboy666
6 posters

Go down

a few cables needed, amongst other things Empty a few cables needed, amongst other things

Post by johnnyboy666 Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:32 pm

I'm in need of both rear handbrake cables and a speedo cable for a 1.2 diesel pickup
Also fancy a towbar and bullbar if they exist?

johnnyboy666
Centurion

Back to top Go down

a few cables needed, amongst other things Empty Re: a few cables needed, amongst other things

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:16 pm

Towbars definitely exist. I have one on one of my pickups and one sitting on the shelf and a couple of van ones too. But before you get to excited --no I am hanging on to it. 

Bullbars I must admit I have not seen. Have had Honda Acty ones and Bedford Rascal ones but I personally have seen one on a Hi-Jet. I started to modify a Rascal one for my Red Pickup but gave up in the end . The front bumper is so low I found it virtually impossible to fabricate chassis mountings for it . It ended up in the metal scrap bin in the end.

Back to top Go down

a few cables needed, amongst other things Empty Re: a few cables needed, amongst other things

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:25 am

D1noh has a pickup towbar for sale I think.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:10 am

Never seen a bullbar for the later ones?
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:42 am

Not on a 1300 here on the Island Logi, though I can't be sure about the 1000 ones. Did a company make them then for the 1300? I would like one myself for mounting the four 150 watt Spotlights I had on my SkodaRapid. .h Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:56 am

A bullbar sold on ebay for £110 in 2011. They are quite rare.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:32 am

Hi Peter. Thanks for that info. Certainly a bit tasty price but goodness knows what a new one would be if indeed they are now made.
I seem to remember that they are banned on new vehicles now.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy666 Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:21 am

Forget the bull bar then!! Might see if I can find one off something else down the scrappy and give the angle grinder a workout!
I'm guessing pickup towbars are different from van ones?

johnnyboy666
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:34 am

Yes completely different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gra Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Saw a bull bar on a late Hijet in London last year. It looked really good.

Gra

Gra
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Sad Sad  No consideration telling me that NOW !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:06 pm

I'm likely going to make one for mine, could do with somewhere to tie the canoe down to at the front.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:32 pm

You reckon the canoe would aid stability in high winds?  Very Happy 

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:58 pm

No but I can flip it over when I come to bad flooding Smile

a few cables needed, amongst other things Dsc_1510
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:17 am

Logi wrote:I'm likely going to make one for mine, could do with somewhere to tie the canoe down to at the front.
Truly wish you the best with that Logi. As I said I had a go with a beautiful condition Rascal one and really the only way of securing it with enough strength was to cut holes in the bumper.
 If you take the mounting UNDER the front Bumper the Bull -bar would it seemed to me in a very minor shunt push back into the body work and ruin the front, so I decided to give it a miss though it would in my opinion too look really great .

Canoe ??? I had thought about tie-ing my wife to the Bull Bar to absorb any impact damage. Trouble is that it would then be front end heavy and would lose traction on the back wheels. Oh well --back to the Drawing Board.!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:14 pm

Stuff the drawing board - if she reads that it'll be back to the hospital for you!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:08 pm

PFM wrote:Stuff the drawing board - if she reads that it'll be back to the hospital for you!

Doctor, i seem to have a Hijet bullbar impaled in my arse.... Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:36 pm

I have a tow bar for a pick up if you require one, £15 collect 1 mile from J13 M6, anythig else you require?

Nice Bar
a few cables needed, amongst other things Maxxi_10
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy666 Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:24 pm

Yes please D1noh, I'm just halfway through stripping it down at the moment, so will have a better idea of what else I need in the next few weeks, then I'll PM you to arrange collection if that's ok?

johnnyboy666
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:05 pm

yes, no problem
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Looks gorgeous that colour and with the twin wheels fantastic. I have seen Hi-Jets with the small nerf - bars before but not with the full width Rascall type Bullbars. That is what I would have liked for a couple of my Hi-Jets.

What size are the wheels Dinoh ? Look bigger than the 12's or is it just an illusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy666 Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:44 pm

I'm glad I saw your post about a rascal bullbar not fitting, Woody, as there was one in the local scrappy yesterday which I probably would've bought hoping it would fit

johnnyboy666
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:51 pm

!4's, come standard on the Piaggio Maxxi, 2.2 gross weight too
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:56 pm

I hate to be beaten by any task but without cutting holes in the bumper and grilles or going right underneath the bumper which gave ground clearance issues and cantilever problems with any small bump I had to throw in the towel.
I am sure it can be done neatly by a really good engineer/welder but I dont have the facilities for it and ultimately the time. Gotta keep the money coming in.  bounce cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:58 pm

Wow !!! It is a lovely looking bit of kit Dinoh.

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:17 pm

I am so tempted to buy that Green one but unsure about the colour

I got this from Pfau Germany, Its design is for snow ploughs or sweeping brushes, but would mount a bar with ease

a few cables needed, amongst other things Pfau_r10

a few cables needed, amongst other things Rohrha10

a few cables needed, amongst other things Piaggi10
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:58 pm

Absolutely !! That would give tremendous rigidity. I was looking at making up plates and brackets to use existing mountings but that although looks quite labour intensive would really be the answer..
Although looking more closely at the picture there are still ground clearance issues with that. Can't have it always always.

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:13 pm

It's a optical illusion, no ground clearance is lost, doesn't come lower than the bumper  Very Happy 
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:51 pm

I ( or is it eye should ) should have gone to Specsavers. Yes on closer inspection I can see that now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down