Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More of Woody's pictures

3 posters

Go down

More of Woody's pictures Empty More of Woody's pictures

Post by Brungle Sat May 11, 2013 10:07 am

he continues to impress me with his wonderful collection!

"..some pictures of Winterbourne House where I lived till March this year before moving back to our Bungalow at Niton. HJ was taking the mickey about me being a Hi-Jet hoarder that lived in a bungalow. Charles Dickens lived at Winterbourne and wrote part of David Copperfield whilst there. It has four floors and 22 rooms and 2 acre garden going down to the sea. He described it as " The most beautiful place he had ever seen either at home or abroad."

More of Woody's pictures 525
More of Woody's pictures 533

The Trike
More of Woody's pictures WildTrike

The Workshop
More of Woody's pictures P2202254

"Widebody Longbed I was given."
More of Woody's pictures P70610461

'S' reg bought on Ebay for £323
More of Woody's pictures P6090943

Winterbournes Blue Plaque
More of Woody's pictures P4170672

"Restoring a Romahome Body. 2 of 3 Honda Romahomes I have."
More of Woody's pictures P5072515
More of Woody's pictures P5072511
More of Woody's pictures P4162391
More of Woody's pictures P5102526

Brungle
Chatterbox

http://sweatvan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

More of Woody's pictures Empty Re: More of Woody's pictures

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2013 8:03 am

Thanks very much Brungle for putting these "piccies" on for me ( and another BIG thank you to Logi for the first lot .)

I have just re-read what is -- "part of what I wrote"-- and it looks a bit like I was being critical of your "tongue in cheek" remark about me being a Hi-Jet hoarder who lives in a Bungalow.

I truly hope I haven't caused you any offence HJ by mentioning that and then posting "in your face pictures " of where I lived before. I can assure you I didn't mean it to look that way my friend . Humble apologies for my thoughtlessness.

Right , time for some grub and then to continue having MY "massive OUTSIDE Spring Clean " in the yard.

Seeing the yard getting back to how I used to keep it tidy when I was car -breaking full time -- stripping the vehicles down to the very last nut, bolt and clip and having every spare " on the shelf " is such a good feeling.

To be doing the same again with Hi-Jets is a feeling of great satisfaction.
Keep on "Hi-Jetting everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by d1noh Sun May 12, 2013 6:43 pm

I love a Man Cave but you have got a Man Cave and a Man Garden too Shocked
bet it has to be a google earth winner Wink
d1noh
d1noh
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2013 7:00 pm

Oh thank you for that dinoh. Trouble is its too near the truth to be comfortable.
My oldest son Stewart, calls me " Hairy Bear with no Hair On Top ".

With my shirt off I LOOK like an old Cave Man too !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Thankfully its not my garden dinoh. My wife would have a fit if it were.
Its my business premises where I have been working and breaking since 1980.
The site dates back to the 1840's and had its own Railway siding and platform.
The whole site is pretty run down due to neglect by the family that own it.
Any needed repairs we end up doing ourselves and paying for the materials too on many occasions.
But rent and rates are cheap and all five businesses here get on very well together and we all help each other out so its a great atmosphere down here.
Only fly in the ointment is ONE neighbour who is the worlds biggest liar and actually BELIEVES his own lies. Has tried to cause so much trouble in the past 19 years but his lies have at last caught him out and the local council are about to come down on HIM heavily --- so justice at last.
Its hard enough being a small business trying to make a living these days
and no-one needs lying idiots like him causing trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun May 12, 2013 8:48 pm

No offence at all don't worry Cool

Cracking nice big old house that place, but i'm sure your bungalow is far better to heat and a million times less up keep. Nice big old houses are a delight, but at times it can feel that your whole life is basically looking after the house.

You see, the thing is - a few of us here live in bungalows, it's one of the odd coincidences of Hijetters, that and owning motorbikes.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2013 11:31 pm

You are absolutely right HJ. Much prefer a Bungalow especially as this winter I fitted a Wood Burning Stove. There is no gas in Niton so no central heating other than Electric.
As a kid my Parents owned a two bedroomed bungalow and me and my two sisters slept in one bedroom -- divided off by wardrobes for privacy and my Parents in the other room, Even had gas lighting in a couple of the rooms.
Gayle and I love our little two bedroomed Bungalow and its the first time in my whole married life ( since 1972) that I have had a house with its own garage. Its paradise to us.
Last year Winterbourne really lived up to the first part of its name--- It was like living in a fridge. The electric and gas bills were enough to make even a grown man cry.
Gad to be out --- but sad too be out too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down