Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting a radio in a Hijet, without a centre console. One that fits in the dash!

+6
PFM
waz
bushwhacker
leopard_pagan
Logi
HighlyJetted
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fitting a radio in a Hijet, without a centre console. One that fits in the dash! Empty Fitting a radio in a Hijet, without a centre console. One that fits in the dash!

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:44 pm

So I took the plunge and asked for a Auna MD240 head unit for my van for my 30th birthday.

You can get them on ebay for about £34 I think including postage.

No CD player or tape, just Radio, SD cards, USB and an AUX input connector on the front.

But they are slim, like 10cm deep. Just what you need to fit a head unit in the dashboard of a hijet.

So a little cutting of the plastic fascia with a Stanley for 10 minutes and it fits perfect. Now I just need speakers and stuff!

Here are some installed pictures:-

Fitting a radio in a Hijet, without a centre console. One that fits in the dash! Imag0311

Fitting a radio in a Hijet, without a centre console. One that fits in the dash! Imag0312

Fitting a radio in a Hijet, without a centre console. One that fits in the dash! Imag0313
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Fitting a radio in a Hijet, without a centre console. One that fits in the dash! Empty Re: Fitting a radio in a Hijet, without a centre console. One that fits in the dash!

Post by Logi Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:52 pm

LINK REQUIRED!!!! Very Happy
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Fitting a radio in a Hijet, without a centre console. One that fits in the dash! Empty Re: Fitting a radio in a Hijet, without a centre console. One that fits in the dash!

Post by leopard_pagan Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:59 pm

yes.. & hope they have more in stock! i only ever use my ipod coz sorry.. radio SUCKS! need to wait & see if the new hijet has anything in it yet..
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:07 pm

HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:13 pm

I also think there are other head units that might fit :-

Bora Megakick
Marquant MCR-1256
BEAT175 or 185 or 190

They are known as driveless or deckless or mechless head units.

My Auna MD240 is not ipod compatible.

Last edited by HighlyJetted on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:13 am

Headphone jack out iPod with headphone jack in to Aux?
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:28 am

Well yeah, but if you want it to do proper jukebox control and charging, so you can lock your ipod in the glove box for the long haul - it's not compatible with the USB port.

I use SD cards, then I don't need that POS called iTunes. We have a ban on Apple products in this house!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Can you get a digital unit that fits? Got a digital radio in the garage and its excellent. Absolute Classic Rock rules! Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Thing with DAB radio is you either get reception or not at all. So you go from hearing it to blurp pip pop blurb silence, then back again if your lucky. I barely get any DAB radio in my house.

I think if you want to get DAB in your car, you need to get a decent head unit, and make sure you have a good aerial, otherwise you may be disappointed.

But this depends on where you are, if you live round the M25 or other city areas I bet you'll get reception. Out here in Cheshire, where we spend alot of time between towns in the country its a bit patchy.

They were going to switch off FM in 2015, but that's been pushed back a few more years as they coverage just isn't there.

I get rubbish digital TV reception too Sad
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by bushwhacker Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:59 pm

Does that unit support RDS by any chance?
bushwhacker
bushwhacker
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Don't know, not powered it up, waiting for a pair of DIN plugs to turn up.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Mine's on it's way Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:08 pm

HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:51 am

THANKS FOR THE HEADS -UP ON THAT SONY UNIT . LOOKS JUST THE JOB. BEING IN THE DASH LEAVES IT THE FLOOR AREA CLEAR TO FILL UP WITH MORE SANDWICH WRAPPERS AND CHOCCIE BAR PAPER. IDEAL !!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:07 am

Nice but tbh im happy with the look of the other one, mostly I listen to Rock Radio which has shitty reception anyway Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:47 pm

I like my Classical FM to be perfectly reproduced, that why I bought and fitted some nice speakers too cheers
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:58 pm

Classical FM ? Seriously ? You know I'm twice your age and more besides and I'm into Trance music. I have got 8 best of Euphoria albums. Just love it.
But there again I have never been one to conform to the "normal".

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:46 am

There is a time and a place for all sorts.

From the classics, to some punk, to some speedcore, to early hardcore, reggae, to ragga jungle, to house, disco and nu-energy house, speed garage, grime, dub, and dubstep, drum'n'bass, ambient alternative electro, early hip hop, and all that other sort of stuff you can't pigeon hole. Some times I have to play some East 17, Enya, Dexys Midnight runners or a bit of ELO.

In german there's a word "ohrwurm" that translates to "ear worm", a catchy song that gets to you. I like these.

Rock isn't really my thing, the odd track that's special yes.

I'm a bit of a bass junkie, but I think my love of large bass bins in cars had a detrimental effect on my hearing. Even more than heavy power tool usage.

At your age you should be falling asleep in front of the wireless to a bit of Nancy Sinatra or Nina Simone, sucking on a werther's - not rushing to the latest hands in the air dance banger!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:44 am

As I said I dont conform Matt. My music tastes are very varied. I cant abide Frank Sinatra or Elvis or Jazz or much of the music I grew up with though some of the sixties Flower power stuff I still like. The first live band I saw was FREE. Am into Joe Bonnamassa -- saw him at the Albert Hall with Eric Clapton. Saw Caro Emerald up at Somerset House in London with Aloe Black and Amy Winehouses God daughter ------ Broomfield Cant think of her Christian name at the moment.
Like you I love to FEEL the music and have got loud set ups in doors, in my garage at home and at my workshop to where I can really TURN IT UP LOUD. Its great!!!!

I have got around 400 cd's from America to Yazz and Yello. Absolutely loved Making Mirrors album by Gotye last year and go and see as many live bands as time and money will allow.
My son Stewart who is 36 has got his own band he formed last year called Riff-Raff and has a huge following on the Island due in part to the previous band he formed 5 years ago called Crossfire,
I had a word with Logi about emailing him my piccies to him and he would upload them for me but I have had a BIG BIG planning problem crop up on Tuesday and have had to move 6 vehicles out of the yard to other locations
and have got six more to scrap or move before 4th of May or I am liable to fines of thousands.

These jobs worths make me sick. I have only been on the site 33 years.

Anyway better get off to sleep as I have got to be up at 6-15.

Just remembered-- I tried that Amazon supplied Hand held annaliser yesterday for the first time and its dead. Have you got the link for that still as I will have to send it back .
Thanks very much Matt, Regards Stuart.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:38 am

You will have to log into your email or Amazon account to work out which seller you bought it from.

Out of interest why do you have to move these vehicles?

Just because someone is saying your going to get fined, unless you accept it then quite often legally you don't have to pay.

For example - TV licence fines - DVLA fines.

Maybe they are stating your a business when your not, or possibly on some environmental issue. Just because some tosspot has a clipboard and a council ID doesn't give him any jurisdiction.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi Matt. thanks for the reply.
It comes down to Planning Conditions granted in !992. At the time I had 61 cars on my site which although is an Industrial site and has been since 1841 -- it even had its own railway siding.

I had been there for twelve years -- thus having 12 years established use.

One only needs 10 years -- but I didnt know that at the time and the Planning Dept falsely told me I needed change of use so I had to apply for change of use to Garage/Workshop which I got -- but couldnt store vehicles on the land outside the garage.

I could get 15 cars inside the garage and they said that was enough.
So gradually my stock built up again OUTSIDE the garage .

Bearing in mind my garage is totally landlocked and screened by trees none of the public can see it anywhere from the Public Highway so really its not an eyesore or problem to any of the neighbours who I get on with really well ---- Except one who has told a complete pack of lies causing me loads of problems over the years which would take all night to recall.

In 1996 they came down again and slapped an Enforcement Order on me banning any Vehicles being outside and untill now I have got away with it as I had a friend in Planning who kept me informed if any probs were brewing and I would have a quick clearup and all would be well.

Unfortunately David left there a year ago and last June got caught again thus breaking the Enforcement Order and making myself liable to huge fines.

A female Hitler caught me and gave me 28 days to move them -- then I never heard another word until recently when the TWAT at the back kicked off again and they turned up again on 27th March and gave me 28 days blah blah blah.

However the Council plans of the whole site CLEARLY showed that the TWAT at the Back had moved his land boundary onto our land and stolen about 20 feet by 60 feet of our land years ago. WONDERFUL. At last I can get the Basket back especially as he has built on it and stores a boat and a couple of cars too. Vengeance is sweet.

Anyway the New Planning Lady turned up today ( the most gorgeous little Thai girl I have seen in yonks ) and she was as sweet a person as one could wish for and so kind and helpful AND AND she had a copy of the plans and the land I am now also on ISNT subject to the same planning restrictions which means that I can park about ten to twelve HI-Jets out the back Plus the five I have room for at the front of my garage that I have always had.

I could have kissed her --- and would damn well liked to have done too !!!!

So today has been like having a weight lifted off my shoulders.

I can breathe again and get on with life and work planning worry free AND I can now get my own back on that Hideous Swine at the back into the bargain after all these years of lies and troubles.

Cor!!! Revenge will feel SWEET>

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:34 pm

If he's pinched land off you, I think you are within your rights to remove there fencing products they have dumped on your land, and place them undamaged back on their land.

As long as you don't get caught in the act there is little anyone can do.

Then park something right upto your boundary.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Good for you Woody, I left Spain because of bad(English) neighbours and the person I sold to is still having problems with them
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:26 pm

Thank you both for your kind words and support.

I have every intention of getting it back but my solicitor says I must give him 28 days written notice first --- and then we move in with the chain saw to chop down trees and the fence and then a JCB to pull the land back to the correct boundary -- leaving a six foot drop at the end of his garden.

He goes away once a month -- in about six weeks time so we will do it then. Cant wait to see his face when he gets home that Sunday night. cheers

All the neighbours hate him so it will be a great talking point for quite a while and I will be a hero too coz everyone has wanted to get him back for all the trouble he has caused in the neighbourhood.

Anyway nuff of this --onto Hi_Jet things. I have just finished the 04 plate Hi-Jet conversion putting a Romahome body on it and thats going out on Monday.

After that I have 3 Romahome bodies to remove from 3 Honda Actys and scrap the Hondas and then a Mk 5 Roma body off a Diesel Hi-Jet and strip it for spares.
That should keep me out of mischief for a bit.!!! Sleep

I have spoken ( by text ) to Logan and I am going to email piccies of my collection of Jets and HE will put them on the site for me till I get some time to figure out what the hell I am doing wrong.

I have picked up a couple more vans for spares so have got 5 for breaking now so providing I am not treading on anyone else's toes -- if I can help I will do my best to do so.

As I have said previously I hang on to Lights, radiators, front bumpers (1300's) but have got numerous doors, gearboxes axles springs etc. but lots of the silly little bits that are hard to come by are on the shelf.

Right off to bed now (11-15). Thanks everyone for your support and keep our wonderful club going with all your comments and tips and a special thank you to LP for his behind the scenes workon all our behalves.

Woody

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:32 am

no probs fella.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi Woody, do you sell the romahomes? if so I might be interested inn buying one.

Waz
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Glad to hear your problem has been resolved Woody, good t(ha)iming! Long may your collection grow and prosper - hope you're still at it when I next get over to the island, would love to come and see your family of Jets.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Would be only to pleased to show you my humble premises and whatever Jets I have at the time .
Got any idea of month / place you stay etc ?
At the moment they seem to be breeding which is why the Council are complaining.
I started loading pictures on an email to Logi last night and fell asleep and awoke at 3-05 am with laptop on my lap and dead due to flat battery.
I wasnt best amused as they have all dissapeared somewhere into the bowels of the Laptop and remains constipated !!!
So start again I guess . Damn computers and damn being old without computer training.
Give me an engine and thats a different matter or old fashioned Lucas electrics and I can sort them blindfold ---- but computers --- hopeless --- still learning.
Anyway when you are coming over phone or email me. If you want to come for a day as a foot passenger I could pick you up at Ryde off the Catamaran from Portsmouth. Regards, Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi Waz. I have got five Romahomes at the moment. 3 on scrap Honda Actys. One Mk 5 body ( different shaped body and rear door and pointed side windows ) (on a dead Jet Diesel.) as opposed to most of the square windowed models which are all off Hondas or pre E/F reg Bedford Rascals.

The fifth one I have is an early body on an X reg Jet which I paid £2000 for on Ebay. Wasnt the bargain it was made out to be but having driven to Berwick on Tweed to get it wasnt going to come back empty handed.

I am going to clean up the three Honda Romas this week and demount them and sell 1 which is bare inside ( though has gas hob) and lacking side windows so a project for someone this year. I would expect to get £200 for that one.
Number two needs a good tidy up inside -- recover cushions etc . It has a gas hob and possibly a fridge . Will need good clean up inside and out.
Price around £350.

Third one has glass side windows with aluminium frames with top openers.
Not sure about the inside. That one would make £500 I reckon.
All three have rear light clusters.

If any of these are of interest to you let me have your email and I will take some detailed pictures of the one you may be interested.

I am going to advertise the 3 this week on Wightbay over here on the Island.

If you decide to have one you will need 7pin electrics on your pickup and we can between us put it on yours in a day and return you back to the mainland. Regards Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:08 pm

woody50 wrote:
I have got around 400 cd's from America to Yazz and Yello.

Nice to see another Yello fan Very Happy .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next