Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to fit a center console?

2 posters

Go down

How to fit a center console? Empty How to fit a center console?

Post by cmorse Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Ive got hold of a center console and am looking to fit it so i can put a radio in the hijet.

Can anyone give advice on how to fit the center console and also wiring...

Thanks

cmorse

Back to top Go down

How to fit a center console? Empty Re: How to fit a center console?

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:51 pm

Hijets have no standard wiring in place for either the door speakers or the radio power supply to my knowledge. The speaker feeds need some gromits etc to get into the doors from the chassis, easy job to do but time consuming to do a nice job.

You can take a live feed from the fuse block under the dashboard on the driver side, both the permanent live and the switched live, although you can take the switched live off the fag lighter too. The ground can come from the fag lighter or straight to the body. Also you'll need to deal with the aerial on the drivers side door pillar up the side of the windscreen.

As for fitting the centre console, I cannot comment as all I have done is rim them out of my hijets to give me more leg stretching room and to allow me to slip across to the passenger side so I can get in and out when needed.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down