Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DVLA Renewing licence

4 posters

Go down

DVLA Renewing licence  Empty DVLA Renewing licence

Post by waz Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:17 pm

Just renewed my driving licence, now they are a 10 year one my new one runs out in 2018 when I am 70. No problem with that but they have charged me for 10 years so I will be looking for a refund for the 4 years that they have stopped it for.

Waz
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

DVLA Renewing licence  Empty Re: DVLA Renewing licence

Post by Logi Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:49 pm

A refund from the DVLA? Good luck-.......-

My licence runs out in a couple of years, my HGV a couple after. So I have to renew it, not for free either, then whilst its still valid I have to pay to renew my HGV.

DVLA aint my favourite peeps lately either Sad
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:45 pm

Yeah, big bunch of jobs worth self policing worthless unorganized over paid time wasting incompetant robbing low life paper wasting paper chasing pointless excuse of an organisation lowlifes.

They had something like £5.8 billion worth of income in 2011/2012 with minimal overheads, well I guess so anyway as they seems to have about 5 people at their call centre and non of those know anything in the slightest about vehicle registration. Probably cheap eastern European agency contractors knowing how state ran organisations work, hell they'll be shipping it out to india if they haven't already.

Then you read this sort of stuff http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5651825/Benefit-payouts-will-exceed-income-tax-revenue.html

And wonder, how the fuck do the government balance their books?

And if they don't have to, can I run a business like that too? Mad

(might be half your ages but I'm still a miserable old barstuard inside)

But maybe just sack the lot off, who needs a driving licence or insurance? Pointless paperwork exercises! They wouldn't send you to prison, probably issue you with a driving ban, which you could just ignore anyway.

I hear the police are forbidden from persuing motorcyclist without helmits on since they have killed a few youngsters over the last few years. So rip your plates of the metal horse and ride free Twisted Evil

Here you go, national policy on the pursuit of motorcycles:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-10984311
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Highly Jetted, don't get me started I agree with all that you said. Have sent an email to DVLA asking for a 4 year refund if it is not forthcoming a visit to my mp is next. Can't see him now as he is the Olympic minister.
will keep you posted

Waz
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:06 am

waz wrote:Can't see him now as he is the Olympic minister.

WFT PMSL OMG LOL

I've always wondered if going into the dvla head quarters with a hand grenade might get their attention.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:

WFT PMSL OMG LOL

I've always wondered if going into the dvla head quarters with a hand grenade might get their attention.

Doubt it!...It's in Swansea...nuff said Laughing .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:34 pm

Got a reply from DVLA
Dear Mr Morris

Thank you for your email received on 30/7/12. Your email reference number is 992709.

I can confirm that the expiry date of the photograph is shown in 4b - 10 years from when it was renewed.

However, your driving licence must be renewed when you reach the age of 70, which will be in 2018.

There will be no fee to renew your driving licence and it will not be necessary to renew the photograph.
As it is free anyway after you are 70 I still think I am owe 4 years, must sit and work out how to word it.
There is some advantage getting old

Waz
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down