Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Converting my van to a camper...

2 posters

Go down

Converting my van to a camper... Empty Converting my van to a camper...

Post by Little Black Van Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:17 am

I'm planning on converting my van to a little camper to do festivals with, and have a couple of questions about it.

It's going to have a raised floor all across the back, to allow for under floor storage, the walls will be lined with thin plywood and insulation packed behind them. Up in the roof I'm going to have a net hammock for storing soft things like my clothes, and I'm contemplating having a skylight, to let some more light in, since it's a panel van, rather than a minibus.

My question is this, I often give people lifts, but it's a bit limiting only having one passenger seat, and I don't want to fit another permanent seat, since I won't have the room for my bed. Is it possible to build a fold down seat of some kind into my conversion, out of wood, and have it legal? Am I required to fit it with a seatbelt (I assume so) and are there any structural requirements for a passenger seat?

Cheers,

LBV.

Little Black Van
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Converting my van to a camper... Empty Re: Converting my van to a camper...

Post by 8bit-ash Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:46 am

My mates fitted a rock and roll bed in his T25 and fitted seatbelts, he had to have it reMOT'd but that was it.

http://www.ukmotorhomes.net/motorhome-faqs.shtml#seatbelts
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down