Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

please help 1.3 efi is dead

4 posters

Go down

please help 1.3 efi is dead Empty please help 1.3 efi is dead

Post by antsun Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:03 am

i am hoping somebody has come across imiler problem to mine i have a 1999 1.3 efi hijet runnning like a dream, at a set of traffic lights and it just stopped aa came out checked a few things and towed in in. there is no signal to spark, no signal to the injectors, the engine managment light does not come on on the dash, you can not hear the pump in the tank run. nothing anywhere tried a new ecu and still the same. checked the 2 x 15 amp fuses at the side of the efi checked all fuses in the box plus the one under the engine bay, i really need to get this going only passed mot the day before:) dooes anybody have any ideas?

antsun

Back to top Go down

please help 1.3 efi is dead Empty Re: please help 1.3 efi is dead

Post by PFM Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:31 am

Presume you've checked the battery and connections, but might be worth checking the +ve lead - I found mine had corroded away to nothing an inch or two forward of where it goes through the battery housing.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by antsun Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:05 pm

hi thanks, yeah engine turns over fine and other dash lights come on so it carnt be a battery lead? can it?

antsun

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Ah, didn't realise that - probably not that then, sorry.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:22 pm

I would get a can or two of brake cleaner and if you have a compressor use an air duster or failing that a can or two of the compressed air for cleaning keyboards and I think it's WD40 that reckons it's good for electrics and give all the wiring loom plugs and connection points you can find a clean and make sure they are tight it sounds like something has rattled loose although there is a fuel pressuse sensor maybe the ECU isn't working as the fuel pump is not pressureising although I thourgt the spark was controlled by the dizzy but I haven't looked in the engine of a 1.3 only the 993cc.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by antsun Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:35 pm

I will give that ago, I was wondering about the cam sensor? The 1.3 has no dizzy cap as it hs 2 seperate coils.

antsun

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Even if the coil packs were dead there would still be injector signals.

By the sound of it you have a problem! (no shit Sherlock)

Check the main relay, and the pair of fuses which feed it. Someone commented on here where they are, think they are under the drivers seat or something. I will look at mine tomorrow and locate them.

The main relay powers up the whole EFI system, if you ain't getting that light on the dash then the ECU isn't powering up. You could disconnect every sensor on the engine and you would still get that light on. Especially with no fuel pump running either this is so definitely the main relay, the fuses or one of those thin little wires that connect onto the batteries live terminal. I'd put cash on it, and I don't gamble.

Good luck
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:37 am

please help 1.3 efi is dead Hijetefimainrelaysandfuelpumpandecu

Here's a diagram - i've simplified the one from the "1.3 efi porter diagram - electrical"

See if you can get your head round it.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by antsun Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:15 am

Hi, thankyou very much for the advice, when you say main relay where is that located? I have checked one under the engine bay and 2 under the drivers side dash. I know this is cheeky but it says your in cheshire so am I, if I paid you would you be intrested in taking a look at it for me please?

antsun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down