Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making my bum happy

5 posters

Go down

Making my bum happy Empty Making my bum happy

Post by Logi Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Having bought my Jet for a house renovation i'd promised the wife i wouldn't be spending any more money than necessary on it......... Smile

The alloys were hard to justify, i'm thinking these may make wifey wonder Smile

Making my bum happy DSC01857

Making my bum happy DSC01860

Though, after travelling through to Fife to pick up a bath my bum was crying out for decent seats affraid
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Making my bum happy Empty happy bum

Post by bones 851 Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:13 pm

lookin good, did you have much to do to fit your seats, and where did you purchase them, i too have have a inflatable kyack, a coleman 2 seater sit on top, easy to inflate and store away in the roof box, tend to spend more time with the mountain bike and trials bike though, tis amazing the amount of stuff you can pack into the hijet, good to have a fellow scot on the site,cheers bones... Cool
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Making my bum happy Empty Re: Making my bum happy

Post by Logi Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Seats were nearly a direct fit, front 2 holes lined up with the standard ones, back 2 needed drilled and big washers, job sorted Very Happy
They're a bit higher than standard, and the shoulder supports catch slightly on the B pillars but beggars can't be choosers. The biggest prob for now is the distance between the steering wheel and the seat, cos the front of the seat kicks up a bit it's pretty tight getting in and out but as i'm going to be fitting a sports steering wheel, one of the flatbottomed ones that should sort that out. Very Happy
The seats were bought off Scumtree, 2nd hand for £45, i like to live up to our rep as being tight Wink
The bike thing is one of the reasons i bought a Hijet over a Supercarry(the road tax was the other) i've had my TTR250 enduro in it(really tight fit) I'm getting quite attached to the wee van and may actually try putting it through another MOT at the end of the year Shocked
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Making my bum happy Empty happy bum

Post by bones 851 Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Lucky man what a good price,,, do you ride the yamaha, in off road comps, i have a beta techno 250, and i ride at regular trials up in angus and fife, i bought the hijet by chance and it was great for getting the bike around the meetings, all the gang have nicknamed it the magic bus due to the amount of gear that it can carry, there are a few pic up on the site going through various changes and one with the beta, sitting corner to corner still enough room for boots and tools and lid,,,, happy motoring bones.....the seering wheel thing would be helpful and i think there is a few pics on the site where other drivers have modified there steering, ill get round to it sometime,,,, Cool
bones 851
bones 851
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:34 pm

I'm nowhere near good enough to compete with the TTR, i use it for greenlaning(slowly Smile )
Once i find a cheap steering wheel i'll be fitting it. No rush just now as i've got a broken ankle Neutral
I've got a few more mods planned if it passes it's MOT
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by difflock123 Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:17 pm

Logi wrote:I'm nowhere near good enough to compete with the TTR, i use it for greenlaning(slowly Smile )
Once i find a cheap steering wheel i'll be fitting it. No rush just now as i've got a broken ankle Neutral
I've got a few more mods planned if it passes it's MOT

its actually harder to ride slowly off road than it is blasting it.....

I used to have a DRZ400S modded with exhaust, pumper carb etc...
was good fun on the road, but off road, I'm not a fast rider....

difflock123
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:56 pm

They look ace, especially for £45!

How are you finding the gap between the seat and the steering wheel? Getting in and out etc with them new seats? Looks ok from the pictures.

I did think about putting a racing steering wheel on my old jet, you can cut the original wheel to bits to make a boss to fit a sparco wheel etc. This could help the legroom situation by fitting a much steering smaller wheel.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Not doing much getting in and out lately. My leg in plaster makes it difficult Sad (managed to fit them though Very Happy )
I've since took them out and removed some of the foam from the front where it kicked up. Helps a lot with leg clearance and makes the seating position better. Smile
Hopefully i'll be the owner of a steering wheel before the night's out, then it's boss making time.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:51 pm

You never know - Driving a Hijet with your legs in casts might actually improve the safety
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-ash Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:16 am

I'm not tall and I find the original seats a bit too high to see properly. Don't you get anything more than 10 meters ahead cut off by the top of the screen?
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:14 am

Very Happy Yep, crash protection isn't too good is it? At least with the seats i'll not see what's coming till it's too late affraid Haven't actually driven the van since fitting the seats due to my accident(another 3 b!**dy weeks at least with this cast on! Mad ) though i just slouch a bit to see out the window. Good news is the postie brought my steering wheel today Smile Bad news is i won't get to fit it till next week as my mate has the van till then as he needed it to shift stuff to a diving job he's doing Sad
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by difflock123 Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm 6'1" (and stocky), and never had a problem seeing out of the front.....unless you were going down a steep hill and needed to look where it levelled out :p

thats with standard seats....

those seats do look quite nice though....

I'm thinking I might use my hijet seats in my landy though Very Happy

difflock123
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down