Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already!

4 posters

Go down

Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already! Empty Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already!

Post by Hi-Jetage Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:21 pm

Hello, im Rob! I bought my 1300 EFI a few weeks ago and have been getting it back up to road-worthiness while i wait for the replacement v5. I've been active on the facebook group since buying.

It all seems pretty sanitary, not too much rust and runs well. I've already re-chromed the headlights (after breaking one lens and buying another unit!) and I've done a good service. Oh and i've fitting some amber LED's for the indicators with a suitable LED flasher relay Smile

The fan relay was full of water, had been changed by a PO and left hanging in a breeze.

I've just painted the bumpers with Mipa Protector bed liner and they look great, not re-fitted yet but as they need a few days rain-free.

I'm planning to do some subtle modifications to bring the van up to my liking, paint, wheels, maybe some other mods aimed at a little more performance.

Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already! 24758410
Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already! 24604110
Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already! 24766510

Hi-Jetage

Back to top Go down

Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already! Empty Re: Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already!

Post by Hi-Jetage Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:22 pm

Here's the bumpers with their Protector coating applied!

Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already! 24866010
Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already! 24817010

Hi-Jetage

Back to top Go down

Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already! Empty Re: Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already!

Post by PFM Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:14 am

Welcome Rob, you have been busy! Good work with the headlamps, you can do mine when you have time free Very Happy
Where in the world are you?

PFM
Jet Addict

Hi-Jetage likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:28 pm

Hi-Jetage wrote:
Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already! 24604110

Looks like you used this stuff ?
Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already! Vht-sp5251-chome-lak-plate-finish-spuitbus

Good jobs! Bumpers look ace, never thought of using that bed liner paint Idea Idea Idea
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:30 am

Nice job on the lights, much better than what they looked to be. Saw you on the FB site. Look forward to seeing what you are going to do with the van, good luck and keep us updated.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Hi-Jetage likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Jetage Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:25 pm

PFM wrote:Welcome Rob, you have been busy! Good work with the headlamps, you can do mine when you have time free Very Happy
Where in the world are you?

I'm in Horsham, West Sussex.

I will confess to breaking on lens while trying to remove it, i didn't bake it for quite long enough and twisted it, £60 later I had another light to strip and paint!

Hi-Jetage

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Jetage Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:26 pm

Looks like you used this stuff ?
Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already! Vht-sp5251-chome-lak-plate-finish-spuitbus

Good jobs! Bumpers look ace, never thought of using that bed liner paint Idea Idea Idea

I used Halfords chrome paint, over a gloss black - worked a treat!

Hi-Jetage

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi-Jetage Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:29 pm

The bedliner has worked a treat, ive now done both bumpers, the wing mirrors and the tailgate handle!

It seems incredibly durable, i am unable to scratch it with a key and anything on it washes straight off.

Next up is some 70mm LED running / fog lights!

Hello! New Hijet owner and loving it already! 24915110

Hi-Jetage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down