Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ignition igniter

4 posters

Go down

Ignition igniter Empty Ignition igniter

Post by Daisydai Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:15 pm

Hi All. Very new here. Seems like you guys make up a fantastically knowledgeable site.
I am desperately seeking an ignition igniter for my recently attained Hijet 2
1996 1L 993 cc 3 cyl efi
Can anyone please point me in the right direction. I am in N.IRELAND
Thank you in advance. JohnB

Daisydai

Back to top Go down

Ignition igniter Empty Re: Ignition igniter

Post by Daisydai Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:59 am

Ha e to say I am deeply disappointed , despondent even in the torrent of advice/ assistance received in support of my quest for an ignition igniter
Have I said or done something out of turn or misposted. Don't k.ow

Daisydai

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:22 am

Nothing wrong as far as I can see. Maybe nobody knows the answer. I'm not even sure that I know what an ignition igniter is. Has it got another name? What does it do?

Roddy
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:48 am

As above. We get many, many people post wanting a part and then never hearing from them again - even when they've been helped. Plenty of links to manuals on here for you to identify exactly what you need.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydai Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:29 pm

Hi. I am a genuine guy who would appreciate and acknowledge.any help or assistance. proffered
I am very new to the Hijet world so please make allowance. But please also. Whilst I understand that there will always be an element of unappreciative individuals, I feel it unfair to prejudge an place me in that category without unhelpful comment
Roddy. Thank you for your question
An ignition igniter helps the coil to fire. Google explains it in detail. Even as an ex marine engineer it is new to me. It will apparently if totally shot,prevent the motor from firing.. I will follow up links But on the verge of retreating to the bunker of my old Mercedes club. At least I am guaranteed some sympathy within those portals. Thank you gentlemen

Daisydai

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:30 am

I can only suggest that you find the part number and go from there. Many components are interchangeable with other manufacturers. If you remove the component, it may well have manufacturers information. Failing that, look for a replacement complete distributor. I have no idea how that distributor compares to engines in Bedford Bambis, Suzukis, or even Daihatsu Piaggio differences. Beyond that I can only say good luck.

Roddy
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:21 am

Only choice is a second hand one now, don't think these old type igniters have been manufactured since the early 2000's.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down