Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine swap 993

2 posters

Go down

Engine swap 993 Empty Engine swap 993

Post by kittykamper Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:25 am

Hi one and all, i trust you had a good new year, i dont get on here as much as i would like but being 50 somewhat i thought the net was used for fishing.
We are down on the south coast have a 1.0 hijet Columbus campervan, the wife loves it more than me (take that either way)
i have managed to blow my engine but have managed to find a replacement that has had the head all done and was running well till bad rust took it off the road, my question is... how difficult is it to remove and replace an engine on one of these? have done it on a beetle but this aint no beetle, any advice would be greatly received.
Mark
kittykamper
kittykamper

Back to top Go down

Engine swap 993 Empty Re: Engine swap 993

Post by paulisa Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:47 am

nice and easy if you can get the van in the air it is mostly done from underneath .first off put the seats up and remove the central bolt in section that holds the handbrake you can then get to all the wires and vacuum pipes to remove them and label up then ilts all from underneath i did mine by removing the prop shaft and gear cables first then drain the water system. then placed a gearbox stand under the engine as far back as can get it to ballance it then remove engine and gearbox mounts drop motor down .took about half a day hope this helps

paulisa
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by kittykamper Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:21 am

Cheers, thank you.
kittykamper
kittykamper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content