Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bleeding heater

3 posters

Go down

bleeding heater Empty bleeding heater

Post by paulisa Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:42 am

hi guys as some of you know i have changed the motor in my van which is a r reg 1.0 injected put the engine from a old m reg carbed1.0 van in swapped all the injection distributor clutch etc. problem i now have is bleeding the cooling and heater system i have the rad full and water over flowing from the cap on the motor so stuck that back on and filled rad to the top .started it up let the temp gauge get to half way but no heater and when i rev the engine i get water coming out of a little pipe above the radiator cap which i cant see where this should connect to can somebody help please so close to been on the road now

paulisa
Clubman

Back to top Go down

bleeding heater Empty Re: bleeding heater

Post by gogopiaggio Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:42 am

first of all, check you have the air pointed to the windscreen and see if that's hot. The centre vents always blow cold! But you probably already know that. I have a 1.3 and it doesn't have the pipe you describe but i have read something on the forum before about it. You may have to do a bit of searching or maybe raggy will tell you.

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:48 pm

I've had 2 993's and bleeding them was never a problem. That 'little pipe' you mention should have a rubber bung over it, held on by a jubilee or spring clip. It's best if you jack the front of the van up (or park on a slope) whilst filling.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by paulisa Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:46 pm

thanks guys had another look with my glasses on and saw a big yellow sticker saying how to do it so made a small pipe with a bolt in the end as a stopper all bled up next problem the van wouldnt rev up then stopped altogether and wont start now i will get it on the road one day

paulisa
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by paulisa Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:00 am

all sorted heater working petrol in the tank and it started lol

paulisa
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:02 am

I find fuel is incredibly useful in keeping an engine running Very Happy

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by paulisa Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:19 am

hi guys still having problems with the heater van runs great temp gauge stays in the middle but no heat have bled it couple of times and get heat for a little while .i only get water out of the heater bleed when engine running and reving at about 2000 rpm . engine had a new waterpump and cambelt fitted before fitting and thermostat checked this works as well is it possible to link a pipe from the heater bleed into the system maybe a new header tank so it constantly bleeds ? or do i just have to keep driving and bleeding all the time

thanks Paul

paulisa
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:10 pm

Something is, obviously, not right here but a 'bodge' shouldn't be necessary. I can't understand why you're only getting heat for a short while - is it the same when directed to the screen or the footwells? When you fill the system the bung on the heater bleed should be removed.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by paulisa Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:29 pm

i have the van parked on a slope front end is probablt 2 ft higher than the rear when i fill the system from rad water comes out the cap on engine stick that back on and carry on filling nothing comes out of the heater bleed pipe until engine running at over 1500 revs i guess i stuck the pipe that is on the bleed into rad top to recirculate the water so as not to waste antifreeze after it had flowed through it for a while i stuck a bung in it totally filled rad let engine run till just before the h section when fan cut in heater was warm to the screen i then let it cool down removed rad cap to fill up it didnt need any will see on way home if things have improved. it seams to take a age for the stat to open and get flow through the rad but she dont boil up it has a 88 stat fitted .mind its bloody cold so suppose it will take a while to heat up

paulisa
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:18 pm

Hope it's OK for you now. Yes, the heater in the 993's takes longer to warm up than in the 1.3's, I've found.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by paulisa Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:52 am

my garage is too close to home the temp gauge dont move by the time i get here lol but it worked yesterday when i went for a run out in it time for heated seats maybe

paulisa
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down